• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

91119: Returns to service and in Swallow livery too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Looks like it's time for that line up photo again, Azusa,225,125,deltic and flying Scotsman.

I can help with three of those: at King's Cross this June, when Alycidon was running the Albert Gilmour tour. I was so happy to catch her with a 125 and a 225. (Photo quality isn't great but this is a screenshot from the video I took on my phone.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-16-23-26-12.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-16-23-26-12.png
    541 KB · Views: 482
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alexl92

Established Member
I can help with three of those: at King's Cross this June, when Alycidon was running the Albert Gilmour tour. I was so happy to catch her with a 125 and a 225. (Photo quality isn't great but this is a screenshot from the video I took on my phone.)
You got the three worth having :lol:

cjmillsnun

Established Member
I asked about the red when the image first appeared. Consensus seemed to be that it just wasn't quite finished.

If it does come out with that red bit, it'll be a bit of a shame.

Then again we'll have some moaning that there's no GEC logo, or that the red stripe starts a few inches too far back, or something else minor!
Small point. The GEC logo was only on 91001 and was not on there for long before being replaced with a swallow

JohnMcL7

I appreciate that it's highly unlikely that there would ever be a reoccurrence of this as you can't just go closing down a busy section of the East Coast main line willy nilly, but it could look quite effective if LNER could somehow 'borrow' 43002 from GWR (Though that power car could be becoming part of the national collection fairly soon), though that's even more than less than unlikely.

In fact it would be pleasing if all the current Swallow liveried stock could be brought together somewhere - 91119, 43185 and 47828, I'm not sure if there's currently a 37 in the livery and I'm discounting 50031 as being inauthentic, even though it does look fantastic - though I can't envisage an event that would bring them all together in the same place.

I'm happy to be corrected on this but I don't think there's a current 37 in the proper Intercity livery, 37254 was the last and it's now in Colas livery.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
I appreciate that it's highly unlikely that there would ever be a reoccurrence of this as you can't just go closing down a busy section of the East Coast main line willy nilly, but it could look quite effective if LNER could somehow 'borrow' 43002 from GWR (Though that power car could be becoming part of the national collection fairly soon), though that's even more than less than unlikely.

At the risk of going off topic (this is NOT the place to discuss the HT proposal) should Hull Trains operate HSTs maintained at St Phillips Marsh, then there could be the opportunity to swap the heritage liveried power cars on to the HT sets...

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm happy to be corrected on this but I don't think there's a current 37 in the proper Intercity livery, 37254 was the last and it's now in Colas livery.
What happened to Ian Riley’s 37518?
I saw it at Fort William a few years back being used as support for the Jacobite. It was in Swallow livery but with ‘Ian Riley’ lettering instead of ‘Intercity’.

zn1

nice to see 019 back in her original coat...this coat always gives the 91 squadron a look that is surreal, in the flesh they look amazing, in a pic they look amazing, as models they look amazing, Inter city was always the best paint they had on them...everything else sorry made em look cheap and nasty

On Moderation
Awaiting parts most likely. Eversholt have demanded that VTEC (before LNER) had to return the 91s in fully operational condition i.e. if they could fix it, then they should. I suspect it won't be gone for too long.
Quite right too. The TOC does not know what plans the owner has for a vehicle after it is off-leased, nor can it make assumptions of what may happen.

gazthomas

Established Member
Quite right too. The TOC does not know what plans the owner has for a vehicle after it is off-leased, nor can it make assumptions of what may happen.
I guess it's difficult for something 30 years old, unless the parts are still readily available

DarloRich

Veteran Member
You should get that sigh checked by a doctor.

Why? Because I find it tiresome that posters here love to wallow in silly nostalgia.

Why not? 100th anniversary of the grouping is less that 5 years away. The current LNER may want to give a nod to the original LNER in a few years!

They wont. It has no connection to the current company and this kind of pointless silliness would not occur of the company name was NE & LR. You also have to ask what "grouping" means to the man in the street. That's right: nothing. With that in mind why would a company waste time and resource to please a tiny section of their market?

Eversholt have demanded that VTEC (before LNER) had to return the 91s in fully operational condition i.e. if they could fix it, then they should. I suspect it won't be gone for too long.

that should be a standard lease term.

On Moderation
that should be a standard lease term.
It is. There are contractual terms about condition of vehicles. Obviously the expected condition depends on where in the maintenance cycle the vehicle is.

Class37.4

I'm sure it will look fabulous when finished this was by far the best livery for this loco as it looks as though it was actually designed for it where the other later livery just look as though the corporate standard was whacked on.

robreed90001

credit to LNER and everyone involved, also credit to the original photographer, LNER have just shared this on their twitter feed.

8C2F192C-4CE9-4CF3-8F95-0CDA3F4EE170.jpeg

Last edited:

LeeLivery

Established Member
Great to see a 91 wearing the incredible livery. It doesn't get much better.

Edit: Their twitter also says it'll be running today.

On Moderation
Top marks to LNER - they've even put the Swallow back on the horn grille!

Spartacus

Established Member
Hold on, are those buffers turned from their normal position? I though the straight bits were usually top and bottom?

Is it on Bounds Green there?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
LNER / GWR tweeted to say its going to Paddington for a run with 43185 next year!
I very much read that as the respective Twitter team members having a bit of a joke ;)

Still, one can dream! And what a finale to HST and 91 usage!

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
I very much read that as the respective Twitter team members having a bit of a joke ;)

Still, one can dream! And what a finale to HST and 91 usage!
Indeed it is most likely inter TOC twitter bants. GWR's celebrity powercar's coming to the EC would be more likely (and there's more electrified track for the 91 to use!).

Status
Not open for further replies.