• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A 142 cab?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gareth Hale

I agree, there would be one now if I lived in the UK and could make trains. I know a BVE2 one is around but its not too good on BVE4. Those are great pics :D

Gareth Hale

ive been wanting a pacer scenario since I started BVE in 1999, then a pacer came for BVE2. I don't have BVE 2 on this PC and don't ever plan to get it. Pacer scenario on Maybank would be good. As you do pass pacers.

The Snap

Established Member
Indeed I would! :D Dare I say this, last I heard from Steve Green, TSC have something up their sleeve...;) ;)

Also, those images are not suitable for a cab anyway. ;)

Nitro

Up their sleep? What? Really? Well I suppose a pacer isnt that bad, you dont get to see the outside (luckly), and just the cab which could prove quite good. Anything by TSC has got to be good, even a pacer!

devon_metro

Established Member
Oh deary me... Somebody needs to work on a bounce plugin then ;)

Thought there might be a post from Gareth and MkII here aswell!!

Nitro

dvn1357 said:
Oh deary me... Somebody needs to work on a bounce plugin then ;)

Thought there might be a post from Gareth and MkII here aswell!!

Yeah imagine goig over the points at say, Maybank!! :p The screen wil be shaking so much you probably wont be able to see the speedo! :shaking:

Mushroom

Yay a 142. Im slowly becoming a fan because these are the only units that i ever see in my local station.* Bring it on. :D

* The odd 150 on a rare occasion.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I don't mind the odd short distance ride on a pacer but nothing to get excited about, nice thing to drive on bve mind even though none of them were than good.

evil_hippo

I would personally be very excited at the prospect of a realistic pacer for BVE. Though as it can't handle bouncing up and down, as far as I know, perhaps not THAT realistic.

Dennis

Established Member
It's easy to add extra bounce in a route, just use the accuracy command.

Looking forward to seeing a BVE 4 14X.

Simon_G

I'm pretty sure the bounciness of a vehicle in BVE4 is a function its length: the relatively short class 37 (18.7m) is much more bouncy than the average 23m MU car. Some experimenting is called for by the Leyland-National-on-a-wagon-underframe fans (also some custom flange squeal).

Jordy

Established Member
MancunianTrammer said:
Yay a 142. Im slowly becoming a fan because these are the only units that i ever see in my local station.* Bring it on. :D

* The odd 150 on a rare occasion.

Oh dear, enter MKIII

HSTFan!!! said:
I don't mind the odd short distance ride on a pacer but nothing to get excited about, nice thing to drive on bve mind even though none of them were than good.

I dont like riding on pacers or like them in any other way, but one for BVE4 would be good I must admit!

Jordy

The Snap

Established Member
Jordy said:
Oh dear, enter MKIII

Yes, another! All I ever said in the first place was the same as what MancunianTrammer said, and I get loads a greif about it! :( :p ;)

The Snap

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
Must be something about people for manchester ;)

Yeah, it is, you know why? All we get here are bloody pacers and the odd 158. You have to go into South Manchester (Stockport area) to get anything decent like Voyagers, Pendolinos, 170s, 323s etc etc. I wonder where MancunianTrammer lives...?

devon_metro

Established Member
Rich said:
Yeah, it is, you know wjhy? All we get here are blody pacers and the odd 158. You have to go into South Manchester (Stockport area) to get anything decent like Voyagers, Pendolinos, 170s, 323s etc etc. I wonder where MancunianTrammer lives...?

Anything decent like Voyagers...

There will be a day ;)

Mushroom

Rich said:
Yeah, it is, you know wjhy? All we get here are blody pacers and the odd 158. You have to go into South Manchester (Stockport area) to get anything decent like Voyagers, Pendolinos, 170s, 323s etc etc. I wonder where MancunianTrammer lives...?

Too true!!! I live along the Manchester - Chester Line (Altrincham to be exact). The only stock you ever see are 142 and the odd 150 so iv kinda become to like them being so close to them.
You used to get 175's but they're now long gone!!

Gareth Hale

MancunianTrammer said:
Too true!!! I live along the Manchester - Chester Line (Altrincham to be exact). The only stock you ever see are 142 and the odd 150 so iv kinda become to like them being so close to them.

175's are nowhere near as good as 142's. If I was VT, id replace all 220's, 221's with Pacers.

Dennis

Established Member
Much as I enjoy a 142 or 143 ride (but have never ridden a 144), I do find that for long journeys they do have one serious drawback. There is no table to put cups if coffee / cans of beer on and are therefore completely unsuitable.

Of course, if Virgin were to run 14x's on their services, that might not be a problem as you get 3 hours slack time at each station - more than enough to get refreshed.

class 313

Established Member
nah your all wrong...

What we need is a BVE4 319 with that MML route im really looking forward to! Cant wait to bash the 319!8-):p

The Snap

Established Member
MancunianTrammer said:

Ah I see. We only get 142s and 150s, and the odd 156 and 158. I live in Droylsden, on the Manchester to Hudersfield line.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.