• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A Big Thankyou...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darandio

Established Member
.....to the lovely member of staff at Redcar Central today who wouldn't let me do any photography due to the fact that.....

"flash photography could affect the response of the signalman across the road who needs full and undivided attention at all times to the traffic flow in order to shut the level crossing gates safely"

Has anyone ever heard so much drivel as this, considering there was hardly a cloud in the sky and nobody would even think about using the flash?
I didn't argue and went to Redcar East instead.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richa2002

Established Member
My advice is do argue. Don't be a push-over and accept it.

Darandio

Established Member
My advice is do argue. Don't be a push-over and accept it.

Maybe if I had travelled and paid for a ticket to get there I would of made a stance but saying as though it is only 10 minutes walk I didn't bother. Besides, it was a member of staff I had never seen before, not the usual one so they may not be there again but next time I may take the NR rules with me.

devon_metro

Established Member
You have a right to take photos. I would have asked if he would like me to rip out the flash!

Coxster

Established Member
Do what my Dad did, provided you weren't using flash. Argue with the security guard who then radios for his superior as you are "scaring" him. His superior (in this case a BTP officer) will come over and tell you that you are not doing anything wrong and apologises for the inconvenience.

mbonwick

Established Member
:lol:

Sorry for you, Darandio, like just about everyone else, I would argue my case(even although I never go out photographing...)

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Last time I tried taking photos at Liverpool St I was told it was illegal or some crap to do with terrorists.. I said it was a pile of arse (not literally) but it was lucky Mr Kestrel was with me and basically said he's alright, I'm staff and he's with me ;)

Kris

Just speak German or a made up language to them. This will totally confuse them and they will give up.

Works on the timeshare touts in spain etc.

mbonwick

Established Member
Good idea, will try that.

Did anyone hear the phone in of BBC Radio 2 yesterday? About the state of the rail network..some good points

The Snap

Established Member
You have a right to take pics - take a copy of the Rail Enthusiast guidelines from the Network Rail site with you next time. ;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Carry on taking photos, and say "call the police if you do not wish for me to do so", as you are breaking no laws it is highly unlikely the police will attend at all.

Nathan

Carry on taking photos, and say "call the police if you do not wish for me to do so", as you are breaking no laws it is highly unlikely the police will attend at all.

It wouldnt be likley for them to report to a call like that anyway. 'I need the police, i have a member of the general public taking photos of trains!'. A call like that would sound more like a prank.

But a NR enthusiasts guideline is always good to have on your. I always tend to carry it on me and the welsh one too its only two bits of paper afterall :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.