• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A bit of North Yorkshire Moors advice please? Now with added trip report!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Another Great Read there. That was one helluva trip Mr Cowley. Great break for both you and Mrs C. 1100 miles, is some going mind, saying that, I'm surprised Tech didnt pass you on the way, the amount of miles hes been putting in too on his bike. :lol: Sounded like the trip away, was just what the Dr ordered.

37403's performance was immense. When I shared the video with her, The other half said, she was close to flailing herself, as she watched from the settee. Instead she sent a text just saying, "puppydog grrrrrrr":lol:

I think I might have seen Tech. We were having dinner on top of a massive hill as we watched a guy in the far distance slowly peddling towards us. Half an hour later he finally got to the top and and just laid down for ages. The next time I looked he was gone, probably heading towards Herefordshire… ;)

Looks like you had a great time here in "God's Own Country".

It's a few years since I was last on the NYMR - a trip across sounds tempting!
I will admit that I was rather taken with it!

@Cowley Looks like you had a great time - glad to have helped in any way. Sorry the pubs were shut. Did you try the one at Whitby station? I cant say I have ever seen it open but it has a good choice of ale!

We did a trip on the NYMR a few years ago and there was ALMOST a refusal when the 37 showed up at Pickering. It took a lot of persuading (and a takeaway breakfast) the 37 would come off at Grosmont! The OH is quite happy to go on a preserved railway AS LONG AS a steamer shows up!

it is fantastic up there. I do miss it living down south now.
I know Mrs C generally prefers the steam but she does really like 37s just because we’ve had some great trips behind various ones over the years.
I think she made the breakfast that day actually. :lol:

Yep, a beautiful part of the world. I do like going abroad but there’s so much to see in this country that we so often overlook. Although I would say that this forum has a lot of people (including yourself) that can give advice on where to go and what to see if you’re interested in doing something a bit different.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I think I might have seen Tech. We were having dinner on top of a massive hill as we watched a guy in the far distance slowly peddling towards us. Half an hour later he finally got to the top and and just laid down for ages. The next time I looked he was gone, probably heading towards Herefordshire… ;)

If it was a big hill, as I'm sure it was given you were in Yorkshire, which I have memories of from last year when I ended up cycling during a storm (plenty of details in the October 2021 trip report) and won't soon forget, then it probably wasn't me :lol: Given said cyclist got up and headed onwards, it can't have been me!

I do have a plan to visit Yorkshire, but not yet. Surprised I haven't made it there again really, considering how much I love cycling. Mind you, Lincolnshire appeals even more :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.