• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A career as a signaller

Leafage

Thank you Chris!
If you do need to do the test again;
Open the attachment rather than clicking on the link.
Copy the link.
Paste the link to an up to date browser with flash player up to the latest version.

I had an IT friend help me open the links as it was a nightmare.
Good luck.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Danny Boy

Well it appears that despite only Prince Andrew having a worse interview than me that I've been successful and have been offered the G5 role at Woking.
A massive thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread without your help I doubt very much that I would have been successful.

Defenestrate

Well it appears that despite only Prince Andrew having a worse interview than me that I've been successful and have been offered the G5 role at Woking.
A massive thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread without your help I doubt very much that I would have been successful.

Haha - well that made me chuckle! Well done on the offer!

Leafage

Well done Danny Boy. I had my interview there a couple of weeks ago for the Haslemere Relief position.
Are you going to School in April? There's a few on here that are, but not sure where.

Danny Boy

Well done Danny Boy. I had my interview there a couple of weeks ago for the Haslemere Relief position.
Are you going to School in April? There's a few on here that are, but not sure where.

Thanks, yep been told its back to school in April, I know no more than that!

WoollyMammoth

3 x jobs in North London up on the site today. Bit of a commute purely as I live right on the outskirts of Greater London in the South so would be interested in knowing people’s thoughts on using public transport to get there? I know it said own transport so I guess this would be important as a contingency!

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
It’s got to be financially worth it firstly, then is the commute sustainable? You could well be at the location years.
I’d had 18 months of a 4 hr commute (2hrs each way) on top of 12hr shifts before I could move, thankfully it as a high grade location so the commute was out weighted by the financial reward.

Relying on public transport soon wares thin as well.

Established Member
3 x jobs in North London up on the site today. Bit of a commute purely as I live right on the outskirts of Greater London in the South so would be interested in knowing people’s thoughts on using public transport to get there? I know it said own transport so I guess this would be important as a contingency!
You could, but if the relieving time is 6am then you'll probably struggle to get there. I live 30 to 40 miles north of London and could actually get to work earlier from there than if I stayed in a hotel next to Euston station!

WoollyMammoth

This is true it’s ‘only’ a G2 and I am looking at realistically 1.5 hrs commute. Might be best to wait for something a bit closer!

mac

I'm a signaller normally working 8 hour shifts been asked to work 12 on Christmas day and 8 rdw boxing day what rate will I be paid

DB85

I'm a signaller normally working 8 hour shifts been asked to work 12 on Christmas day and 8 rdw boxing day what rate will I be paid
Hi Mac, you’ll be looking at 300% uplift on Christmas and Boxing Day which is triple time your standard rate.

Hope this helps.

mac

Hi Mac, you’ll be looking at 300% uplift on Christmas and Boxing Day which is triple time your standard rate.

Hope this helps.

It does just wondered with Christmas day being a Wednesday I would of normally worked if not Christmas

JoeyB

It does just wondered with Christmas day being a Wednesday I would of normally worked if not Christmas

For a booked shift you get 300%. For a RDW you get 325%.

So for boxing Day you should get 325 as you have said it's your rest day.

bouff34

For a booked shift you get 300%. For a RDW you get 325%.

So for boxing Day you should get 325 as you have said it's your rest day.

This.

Unless you have opted for Lower Rate of Pay in which case you would get 200% and 225% plus two compensatory days.

Jaysub

anyone heard anything about lancing yet?

supposed to find out this week...

Welshy89

Hello all

New to this forum so apologies

I have seen a job advertised as a trainee signaller that is based in South Wales. I am basically in my 10th year with the police service 5 years within a control room environment responding to 999 calls deploying resources conducting risk assessments per call dealing with emergency situations. Along side that and in my current role I investigate various incidents of all levels of criminality so deal with all sorts of scenes and emergency situations. With my experience as all police related do you with it would be suitable to this position in dealing with emergencies. Can anyone advise what shifts patter. they work in South Wales region and what is the application stage and test like. Is there anything I can do to prepare for these test.
Sorry for all the questions but any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Hello all

New to this forum so apologies

I have seen a job advertised as a trainee signaller that is based in South Wales. I am basically in my 10th year with the police service 5 years within a control room environment responding to 999 calls deploying resources conducting risk assessments per call dealing with emergency situations. Along side that and in my current role I investigate various incidents of all levels of criminality so deal with all sorts of scenes and emergency situations. With my experience as all police related do you with it would be suitable to this position in dealing with emergencies. Can anyone advise what shifts patter. they work in South Wales region and what is the application stage and test like. Is there anything I can do to prepare for these test.
Sorry for all the questions but any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Looks like I’m your man on this one...