• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A career as a signaller

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mi&Li

Has anyone else applied for York ROC vacancy that closed at the end of March? IRC2179727.
I applied as an external applicant and completed the SHL tests, but I've been sat at 'test completed' for over a month now with no updates etc.
Has anyone applied externally or internally and heard anything? I understand how it may be a while with everything that is going on in the world, it would just be interesting to know if anyone has heard anything.
Thanks
Mine is also still sat at Test Completed, since 26/03

Allaboard78

In any of your interviews did the hiring managers mention the possibility of pool signaller if you weren't successful for the job you were applying for?

Mi&Li

In any of your interviews did the hiring managers mention the possibility of pool signaller if you weren't successful for the job you were applying for?
Yeah I was told this. In the interview and also when I asked for feedback, the hiring manager said I will be employed by NR when the next mass intake happens (60 signallers for North/East Aug 3/Aug 10)

Those dates are if this lockdown is gone by then

SiggysigAah

Has anyone on here applied for the future vacancies North East that closed at the end of April? It was the new recruitment questions not the 60 odd questions that you answered for earlier vacancies.

It is not showing under jobs applied for on my Network Rail careers page! I received a generic email after applying. I emailed last week querying if my application had been received and have not had a reply yet.

Questiontime

Has anyone on here applied for the future vacancies North East that closed at the end of April? It was the new recruitment questions not the 60 odd questions that you answered for earlier vacancies.

It is not showing under jobs applied for on my Network Rail careers page! I received a generic email after applying. I emailed last week querying if my application had been received and have not had a reply yet.

I have, it shows in my 'applied for' section. My application is under consideration currently.

Midlands_lad

Could anybody clarify please the monthly pay which has been published earlier in this thread. It states a wage per month, is this a monthly wage or a wage that you get paid every four weeks? Sorry for the question but I have never been paid every four weeks so it is all new to me! I assume that tax and NI has to come off this figure? Many thanks.

Sunset route

Established Member
Could anybody clarify please the monthly pay which has been published earlier in this thread. It states a wage per month, is this a monthly wage or a wage that you get paid every four weeks? Sorry for the question but I have never been paid every four weeks so it is all new to me! I assume that tax and NI has to come off this figure? Many thanks.

We might often call it our monthly wage, but we actually get paid 13 times year ie every 4 weeks.

Rigchick

Morning. Quick question. For anyone fortunate to get to interview, how long did it take to get informed of getting an interview after their status changed To Invite to Assessment 2 Pending?

amanda08

Morning. Quick question. For anyone fortunate to get to interview, how long did it take to get informed of getting an interview after their status changed To Invite to Assessment 2 Pending?
I waited about 5 days. Interview is tomorrow

Rigchick

Thanks for the responses. Mine changed yesterday and now sitting in anticipation and constantly checking my inbox!

darth26

Hi All,

My first post here :). I applied for Signaller position in Rugby SCC on 11/03. Got email with intend to call for an interview but my status hasn’t changed since then. Anybody on here been interviewed for any position in Rugby?

Gallius

Hi All,

My first post here :). I applied for Signaller position in Rugby SCC on 11/03. Got email with intend to call for an interview but my status hasn’t changed since then. Anybody on here been interviewed for any position in Rugby?
I applied for a job at Rugby SCC in November, was offered the job in February and I've been waiting for a start date since beginning of March...

Dunc7615

Hi anyone had an interview for the grade 2 training post Lancs and Cumbria my application has been sitting at under consideration for assessment 2 since the 23rd of April.