• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A Choice of journeys - Milton Keynes to either Wellington or Lewes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I have two options for Saturday.

1) Is to go to Telford to watch Darlo loose
OR
2) Is to take a free ticket I have been offered for Brighton & Hove Albion v Boro

Can anyone help me with fares and routes and things for either journey. it may well be the cheapest fare wins!

For either journey I will have to arrive at the destination between 1200 - 1300 and leave sometime after 1700.

both journeys will be from Milton keynes. I will be travelling with a 6 year old and a holder of a disabled railcard. I understand that Wellington is the best station for Telford and Lewes for Brighton. I hold a Gold Card if that is of any help.

Just to add to the confusion I have an unused ticket form Birmingham to Milton Keynes. (I bought a return to Kidderminster last weekend but got a lift home)

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
Fare wise, I would say for Brighton get a Southern Downlander, £12.50 for you and £2.50 for your kid. See:
http://www.southernrailwaytickets.com/ticketing_promotion.php?iTicketPromotionId=6

You need to book at least 2 days in advance, you would have to travel on one of the Southern inter regional jobs in each direction. the best station for the half built ground is Falmer. Pubs are available in both Brighton and Lewes.

Personally, I would say stick with your team and go to the New Bucks Head.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Cheers - i have been to Telford before and i just cant face seeing us loose again. I nearly had a thrombo at Kidderminster, punched a metal piller when Broughton missed a sitter at 2-1 and just wanted to cry :(

clagmonster

Established Member
To Wellington, the cheapest option I can see is:
MKC-Coseley: £13.50 super saver, LM only.
Coseley-Wellington cheap day return £7.30
Your child will be half fare. Family railcard discounts are available on said fares. YYou would have to travel on trains with a Coseley call.

Someone else may be able to beat this.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
To Wellington, the cheapest option I can see is:
MKC-Coseley: £13.50 super saver, LM only.
Coseley-Wellington cheap day return £7.30
Your child will be half fare. Family railcard discounts are available on said fares. YYou would have to travel on trains with a Coseley call.

Someone else may be able to beat this.

Here you go:

Day Return, Off-Peak
TOC-Specific
£17.40

MILTON KEYNES C to SHIFNAL
SUPER OFFPEAK R
£13.5
Route: LDN MIDLAND ONLY

SHIFNAL to WELLINGTON TEL W
OFF-PEAK DAY R
£3.9
Route: ANY PERMITTED
Day Return, Off-Peak
ANY TOC
£25.20

MILTON KEYNES C to RUGBY
OFF-PEAK DAY R
£10.9

RUGBY to WELLINGTON TEL W
OFF-PEAK DAY R
£14.3
For any TOC splitting at Birmingham costs a little more but may be more convenient. You know the best ticket from Milton Keynes to Birmingham already :)

Edit: should have said all prices are WITHOUT railcard discount - so you can get the DSB discount for the two adults and pay half fare for the child.

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Here you go:

For any TOC splitting at Birmingham costs a little more but may be more convenient. You know the best ticket from Milton Keynes to Birmingham already :)

Edit: should have said all prices are WITHOUT railcard discount - so you can get the DSB discount for the two adults and pay half fare for the child.

What would you suggest for Birmingham - Wellington? I dont really fancy the LM stagger through Northampton on a 350/2!

I would prefer to get a Virgin train to BHM or Wolves and change there.
Is there any value in changing at International and getting a ATW train from there?

BTW - AlterEgo - Broughton is terrible. The kind of player who when he came on for the opposition you thought, good they will never score today! However needs must when the devil drives so i now consider him to be a centre forward of a similar qualaity to Alan Shearer rather than the second worse footballer i have ever seen!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
i couldnt find one but wanted to ask an expert.

thnaks

PS - i went for your second option as the computer wouldnt sell me the first one. None were available. It must be the travelling army (Platoon? :) ) of Darlo fans heading to Telford :)

Mr Spock

I thought Darlo were going out of business in February, which billionaire did you lot entice to spend money on you?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.