• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A couple of questons about BVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Hi all,

I downloaded BVE2 a few days ago, and think it's far superior to MSTS. [which i uninstalled a month ago, due to the huge memory needed]

I've downloaded the Carmerton Shuttle route, and the Barrow to Carlisle route part 1.

Yesterday, I downloaded BVE4, and I'm now going to download a route for it.

My Questions are: Which route for BVE 4 is best, to run a Voyager on? Also, is it possible to create a path to run a different train on a different route to the one it was originally on? (e.g a 150 on the Barrow route )

Is it possible to open/close doors yourself on BVE2? (pressing F6 doesn't do anything)

Thanks for your help & suggestions.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nutter

Changing trains is easy, either use the Route randomiser (can someone please provide a link) or go into the csv. file using notepad, look for

.train folder xxxxx , it should be on the screen when you open it, it's near the top (in barrows case 153 IIRC) and change it to the train folder you want (BVE4)

For BVE, the best route for the voyager, and most other trains, is Network West Midlands, available at www.trainsimcentral.co.uk . It's a longish route with plenty of variety and possible high speed runs, if it wasn't for the signal checks

I'm not sure how you change the train in BVE2 without the route randomiser. The route randomiser also changes some of the signal aspects so each run is different, and can change railhead contitions and the path so you run on an adjacent track

HTH, let me know if you need anymore help. All this has been done from memory, so may be slightly inaccurate, but i think there spot on

Gavelex

You can change the train in BVE 2 by going into the route file and changing what it sais after train.folder (same as in bve 4).

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Many thanks for your help guys, but I can't get train sim central to work:sad10:

It loads fully & correctly, but when i click the link to download trains, it does nothing, apart from show an error message on IE7.

Please help..

Coxster

Established Member
The downloads on the site are presently down - it was reported by someone on their forum.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Please will someone help me get West Midlands & a Voyager for BVE4 sometime today, as I'm out Tomorrow-Friday, travelling on real Voyagers & Pendolinos (And the sh*t 143 crap which i have to put up with unless i'm lucky south of Bristol Temple M )

Thanks for any help
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.