• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A Day at Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul1609

Established Member
Not sure what constitutes the minimum number of persons for a meet but hard on our trip to the Dartmoor Railway Slash and I were on the road early again Sunday morning destination Coventry.
This time the truck was left in Slashs manor (a preservation order having duly been served on the local mafia) and we headed north in the HSS (High Speed Slashmobile).
This was my first visit to the Coventry Electric Railway Centre. I have to admit to not being that interested in EMU preservation but as a spare time ballast monkey I'm always willing to help out with PW at other railways.
On arrival there was only 1 local trying to slew a 45 ft panel of bullhead rail on concrete sleepers.
Slash and I were able to assist and by the time we left the panel was suitably repositioned and a short stretch of bullhead rail built on the end.
I think that given there were only 3 of us this was a pretty good achievement and should enable the group to receive another delivery this week. Together with the trip to Dartmoor this was a pretty good weekend.

There is more work going on next weekend and with a couple of extra volunteers we could achieve a lot more. I can only go up on Sunday (i'm working on my full time railway saturday) but I think Slash is going up both days contact him for further details

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
Not sure what constitutes the minimum number of persons for a meet but hard on our trip to the Dartmoor Railway Slash and I were on the road early again Sunday morning destination Coventry.
This time the truck was left in Slashs manor (a preservation order having duly been served on the local mafia) and we headed north in the HSS (High Speed Slashmobile).
This was my first visit to the Coventry Electric Railway Centre. I have to admit to not being that interested in EMU preservation but as a spare time ballast monkey I'm always willing to help out with PW at other railways.
On arrival there was only 1 local trying to slew a 45 ft panel of bullhead rail on concrete sleepers.
Slash and I were able to assist and by the time we left the panel was suitably repositioned and a short stretch of bullhead rail built on the end.
I think that given there were only 3 of us this was a pretty good achievement and should enable the group to receive another delivery this week. Together with the trip to Dartmoor this was a pretty good weekend.

There is more work going on next weekend and with a couple of extra volunteers we could achieve a lot more. I can only go up on Sunday (i'm working on my full time railway saturday) but I think Slash is going up both days contact him for further details

Big up Ballast Monkeys;)

Status
Not open for further replies.