• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A day in Glasgow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Established Member
Hey there

Well here we are again another update with a few more to come.
Well this time the shots are from Glasgow and all around its borders due to a very cheap set of tickets out of the Sun newspaper.
Generally just tried to see as much as possible to get a broad understanding of the city and it paid off and was very enjoy able and definatly a must do (I am sure Thetrainbrain would agree)

http://retrospective.ukgeeks.co.uk/c1674183.html

Hope you all enjoy the shots and hope they persuade you to take the trip up north.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Craig

Established Member
Nice shots, I've always found the railways around Glasgow to be quite interesting. Did you go out towards Helensburgh? That's quite a nice section of line.

JonG

Hey there

Well here we are again another update with a few more to come.
Well this time the shots are from Glasgow and all around its borders due to a very cheap set of tickets out of the Sun newspaper.
Generally just tried to see as much as possible to get a broad understanding of the city and it paid off and was very enjoy able and definatly a must do (I am sure Thetrainbrain would agree)

http://retrospective.ukgeeks.co.uk/c1674183.html

Hope you all enjoy the shots and hope they persuade you to take the trip up north.

Excellent photos, Scott.

Phoenix

Established Member
Nice shots, I've always found the railways around Glasgow to be quite interesting. Did you go out towards Helensburgh? That's quite a nice section of line.

Sadly I didn't I managed to get to Whiffet,Paisley and Partick but I hope to go again and see even more of the place.

jonnorail

I am glad you enjoyed your time up here Scott. I was asctually at Pasiley Gilmour Street doing some more work for the G.A.R.L. (Glasgow Airport Rail Link) Project, a project which I had started a few months ago and will be an on going project for a good few year to come up until the rail link to Glasgow Airport is complete. What are your thought on Partick then?? I woul dbe interested to hear all of your thoughts on Partick station to be honest with you, what you like, don't like. I will be writing a feature on the station refurbishment which has overran by some three + years in Railtalk Magazine.

Nice photographs you got so far though Scott;)

Best Regards

Jonathan McGurk

Status
Not open for further replies.