• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

a final question...... How many should I be aiming to get right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

507 001

Established Member
Hi Guys.

I'm pretty worried about my assessment on Wednesday as I've never been particularly good at mental maths (although give me something physical i.e. coins etc and i'm not too bad).
FTPE sent me a practise booklet which i've been using as well as some of my own basic addition and subtraction questions, but each time I try the practise test (10 questions) I only manage to get around 6-7 right. Should I be worried? Do I need to be getting more?
I'm getting around 14/16 on the verbal test, and I don't think i'm doing too badly on the concentration test either. Its just my maths I worry about. :(
Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ex-railwayman

If you're all het up before you even start the test, YOU'LL FAIL.

Relax, just learn everything from the booklet, you've made good inroads into the other formalities of concentration and the verbal test, take each stage as it comes. Going into any examination feeling worried is not going to help ya, stay calm and think positive.

Good luck.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

507 001

Established Member
If you're all het up before you even start the test, YOU'LL FAIL.

Relax, just learn everything from the booklet, you've made good inroads into the other formalities of concentration and the verbal test, take each stage as it comes. Going into any examination feeling worried is not going to help ya, stay calm and think positive.

Good luck.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Thanks, I'm trying to keep myself calm, its just that this is what I've wanted since I was about 5! I'm not sure if its more excitement than nerves really.

I just need to put my mind at ease so that I can at least try and get a good nights sleep tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.