• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A ... fun day out...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

Starting off at my house (I'll cut the crap from here ;)), walked to the bus stop and got the m1 into town. Caught the 0959 to Southampton Central (departed 16 minutes late) and FC was then declassified! :D

I met up with 73109 & Memorex at Southampton and we returned back on a 442 to Brockenhurst for our ... err ....... first ... bash to Lymington. Guard told us to stop external observations, so went to sit down. :( After returning to Brockenhurst, took a Vomit to Bournemouth and then a 4a to Lansdowne to grab some KFC. Returned on a 4b! Fortunately, the disruption was making the timings very lucky for us and we got 'Mary Rose' back to Brockenhurst for the beginning for much to come!!!

Took our second bash to Lymington ... and chatted to the driver at Lymington who said we could have a look in the cab back at Brockenhurst. The driver was very nice and asked the guard if we could come on a few more times, who let us go on (I think!) 4 more times! The driver let myself and Memorex put our cameras in the cab and as such I have a Brockenhurst - Lymington Pier in 2 minutes video in the making.

After the many, many bashes to Lymington and back, we left the train and parted our ways for Memorex & 73109 to go back to Petersfield while I awaited the delayed 1605 (1435 ex-Waterloo) train to arrive, which was delayed due to extra station stops. Had a rare Christchurch then Bournemouth stop, last time a train did that in public services was several months ago!

Came back on an m1, and wrote this up. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
Nope, he didn't have his cap on :).

Tom - 5 rides, payed twice, still got those un-stamped tickets!!!

WHen I get home, remind me to send you over those videos - i'll edit them first for ya though :)

class 313

Established Member
What happernd to not being aloud out!? WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME!?

Tom did you enjoy your trip as much as i enjoyed the 87 ;)

Memorex, moan at me for not paying fares when i should do.... such a hipocrit

T

Tom

Not really a hippocrite if the guard lets us on many times?

class 313

Established Member
The point is you SHOULD of paied, doesnt matter if the gaurd let your or not as thats another story.

T

Tom

The point is that we were WILLING to pay, but the guard let us on.

Tomnick

Established Member
I think I detect some jealousy here! If the guard's willing to turn a blind eye to someone who's clearly an enthusiast and not out to defraud the railway, then what's wrong with that? It's not as if TC and Co were trying to get a free ride! I've done the same in the past when I've been TTI-ing on preserved railways - at least I now know who won't be in a position to accept the offer of a free trip in the future ;).

class 313

Established Member
I think I detect some jealousy here! If the guard's willing to turn a blind eye to someone who's clearly an enthusiast and not out to defraud the railway, then what's wrong with that? It's not as if TC and Co were trying to get a free ride! I've done the same in the past when I've been TTI-ing on preserved railways - at least I now know who won't be in a position to accept the offer of a free trip in the future ;).

Exscuse me? Im not jelous. Why would a EMU bash when i was 87 bashing my way to Birmingham? I was just stating that memorex always moans at me when i dont pay for a ticket and then does that, and they said before they went they were hoping for free rides...

Tomnick

Established Member
But they had a valid ticket, whereas you sound like you didn't in the case you mention? That's a different kettle of fish. I don't see why there's such a big issue just because the guard's kindly allowed the chaps to have a few free trips on a ticket valid for one trip only. I've been on the receiving end of kind treatment from a friendly guard more than once - am I complaining? No!

devon_metro

Established Member
Excuse me? I'm not jealous. Why would a EMU bash when i was 87 bashing my way to Birmingham? I was just stating that Memorex always moans at me when i don't pay for a ticket and then does that, and they said before they went that they were hoping for free rides...

He's got a right to moan at you as you should have payed for a ticket. Looks like you're just finding petty excuses to pick at Memorex.

class 313

Established Member
Im not, im just giving Memorex back from what he gave me in the past. Also Liam I have reasons BIG reasons that some people know about, sadly your not one.

've been on the receiving end of kind treatment from a friendly guard more than once - am I complaining? No![/qoute]

Im not saying you should complain am I?

Tomnick

Established Member
Since most people on this forum are equally unaware what your 'big reasons' are, I'd suggest that it's not really adding much to your argument. And no, you're quite right - I shouldn't complain, and I wouldn't expect anyone else to complain either! Get over it!

T

Tom

[admin]Keep off-forum arguments well away from the forum edge! Thank you for your understanding![/admin] ;)

Daniel

Established Member
Hello all :D

May I just point out that I *still* have two un-stamped tickets - so I am entitled to another ride.... but anyway, you can put the extra trips down to "Guard Training", eh, boys? ;)

Julian G

Established Member
Accusing each other of hypocrisy is no way to make up! Why not just 'ave a bottle of Bailey's Caramel and chill?

Is that what the drink did to you? :tongue7:

This is getting pointless now bickering over things, this is not Nursery

Coxster

Established Member
Methinks a certain person here is just trying to cause trouble. What a...

Daniel

Established Member
Anyway, had a good day, cheers to James, for letting me camp the night, and cheers to TC for organizing out times :).

Also cheers to the driver and guard...! :D

Daniel

Established Member
What TC forgot to say was:

Thanks to Daniel (MEMOREX) for sweet-talking us into the cab...

Daniel

Established Member
Was a good day, would have been nice to have a few more people, but it was from the start meant to e a small meet. Maybe next time ;)

Coxster

Established Member
Was a good day, would have been nice to have a few more people, but it was from the start meant to e a small meet. Maybe next time ;)
It wasn't posted in the meets section AFAIK, therefore how could anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.