• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A great day ruined by TPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJP

I decided to go to NYMR on Saturday I arrived at Doncaster at 0730 prior to getting the 0808 GNER service to York.

I walked onto the platform and noticed the choppers were still there, 317885 was in West Yard and there was a freightliner driver waiting for the late Leeds Liner.

Then I noticed Green on the Down Fast towards York. I presumed for a non-stop GNER. Boy was I wrong!

yh8vsk.jpg

These Beast came through!

The 0808 to York rolled in ontime. And arrived into York 5 mins early. I got off and walked to Platfoorm 5 were a six ar 158 was sat there which was mine as far a Malton.

I got off and like about 20 other bashers ran to the bus station and got on the bus which we had 1 minute to get it. Just made it and was on my way :D

I arrived at Pickering and got my rover ticket and jumped on 47402. I bashed this to Grosmont.

yh8vbo.jpg

Here is a couple of other shots from NYMR...

yh8vb0.jpg

yh8vbr.jpg

before I new it was time to go back behid 45135

yh8vbz.jpg

Got back on the buss to Malton.

We arrive in Malton with this time two minutes until the train to York.

Got on the TPE 158. Everything seemed fine until the guard told us to get off because the door was bust (Technical terms it was Fu**ed) We all get off, TPE guard closed the working doors and buggered off! Most people hadnt a clue what to do! after all the nextone was an hour and a half later. Luckily I overheard a dude mention there was a service bus to York in five minutes, once again i ran to the bus station and just made it. I arrived into York and got the 19:40 service to doncaster.

TPE customer service was disgraceful!! :(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlexS

Established Member
If it was the actual door that was busted surely it could have been isolated - I've been on a 156 before with a door that the motor failed on. Solution - the female guard (!!) grabbed it, dragged it shut, gaffer taped it there, check the interlock was in, put a bit of paper over the buttons, and off we merrily went, only 5 down!

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Not if it's the door at either end of the train since it only gives one evacuation route for those in the effected coach. The same applies if there is a problem with a door at either end of a unit if the coach is in the middle of the train but there is no corridor connection.

Established Member
If you can't lock the door out because of some emergency exit rule, you can lock the affected coach OOU and carry on.
Caping the train seems to border on incompetence

16CSVT2700

Established Member
87015.. so you're saying if a 2-car 158 has one of its end doors failed.. you lock that coach out of use.. rendering the 158 to half-capacity.. very good idea when the service is packed.. NOT

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, but if you cancel the train totally, you'll also be left with the folllowing service at double-capacity, which is practically the same?

ikar

50149 said:
87015.. so you're saying if a 2-car 158 has one of its end doors failed.. you lock that coach out of use.. rendering the 158 to half-capacity.. very good idea when the service is packed.. NOT

Don't know for you, but I'd rather have 1 carriadge than no carriadge.
Besides it's the rule.

EDIT- I got beaten...

AJP

The door wouldnt shut or something, Isaw the guard kick it (with force) to shut but he couldnt :(

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Terrible customer care from TPE, but I've never experienced anything like this before.

I hope you did pay adult prices in the end? ;)

David

Established Member
Anyway, is it me, or am I the only person on here never to have a problem with TPE?

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
60006 Scunthorpe Ironmaster said:
Anyway, is it me, or am I the only person on here never to have a problem with TPE?

I've never had a problem with TPE (but then again I havnt actually been on a TPE service before ;))

metrocammel

Ive never had any particular problems with TPEx, in fact the opposite probably, last year I slipped on the platform at Stalybridge as it was getting on a 158 (it was very icy). When I was on the train (walking through FC) a woman asked me if I was OK, I said "yes, but I'll probably have a bruise", and she told me to sit down, and then gave me a business card, telling me to phone her if the pain got worse or anything! (remembering it was only a small bruise!) This nice woman was Cheryl Exley, who is (or was then) TPEx's "Head of on-board services", since then though I often see her waiting at Manchester Piccadilly after school, and she always says "hello". So for me, Ive never really had any complaints with Transpennine (other than perhaps slipping on the ice in the first place!)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
60006 Scunthorpe Ironmaster said:

Had a 158 leaving Malton for York once a few minutes late, which meant a more speedy walk across York station to get the Voyager to Birmingham, which was lucky, as the taxi showed up rather late to take us from Pickering!

So that's not a problem for me, although I guess my Mum would have a problem with them in that the 158 we took to Scarborough was actually dripping every few moments or so, so she moved to First Class.

Personally? No problems, I do like FTPX!

AJP

AlexS said:
If they've got a student rate you may well be able to use your YPR in conjunction with a student card (if you are a student!) to get a discount - works at the GCR!

No im doing a apprentiship scheme, but I got childs fare not buy asking she just persumed I was under 16 :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.