• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A Happy New Labour Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

A Happy New Labour Christmas

Following various rumours and media reports relating to the mouth-wateringly exciting changes and developments being made to the tradition of Christmas, we are pleased to announce officially that we can provide a summary of the thrilling improvements being made this year:

Christmas The term "Christmas" may be offensive to some Jew or Muslim somewhere in the world. The fact that no Jew or Muslim has ever complained about this word is irrelevant; the state has decided that "Christmas" is an anti-Semitic and Islamophobic word, and it is to be outlawed immediately. From this year onwards, the more inclusive word "Winterval" is to be used. Use of the word "Christmas" is now an offence under the "religious hate law", and can therefore result in a two-year prison spell and a loss of one's home and all personal belongings.

Christmas Eve

The use of the word "Eve" is Christiano-normative, suggesting as it does that the Christian account of human creation is the most relevant. Some Wiccan, Pagan, Buddhist, Sikh, Hindu, Voodoo or Satanist somewhere in the world may therefore be upset by the phrase "Christmas Eve". Therefore, the more inclusive term "the brief temporal period leading up to Winterval" is to be used from this year onwards.

Santa Claus The depiction of a white man in a suit violates the race discrimination act 1976 on two counts: 1) A white Santa works to the detriment of ethnic groups, and might upset someone somewhere, whether intended or not. 2) The Santa uniform might prevent some racial groups from applying for the job, because their cultural background imposes certain dress standards that are not compatible with a white beard, corpulent red suit and hat. In order to ensure that the institution of Santa Claus is made more inclusive, a new standardised Santa suit is to be created, consisting of a Muslim headdress, Jewish beard, stockings and suspenders and moccasins. In addition, Santa's face is to be painted in a "racially inclusive gradation", gradually changing from black as the ace of spades at the top of the face to white as snow at the bottom. This is to prevent white from being seen as above black, thus destroying any notions of White supremacy, and therefore reversing 500 years of hurt. Employment tribunals are on standby over the festive season to enforce this highly important piece of legislation.

Giving of presents It is unfair to discriminate between "naughty" and "nice". These words are to be made illegal, and their use carries a potential three-month prison sentence and £500 fine. Instead, the following phrases are to be used: "up to the requirements set by parents, guardians and any other caregivers" and "a deferred matching of the requirements set by parents, guardians and any other caregivers". In either case, the same number of presents is to be distributed to each child in the household. Furthermore, new EU guidelines state that the total sum of presents given to each child is to be of a similar size, weight, value and gender orientation.

Reindeer Male reindeer lose their antlers in early winter, whereas female reindeer retain theirs until early spring. Because Christmas cards and garlands depict reindeer as having antlers, this suggests that women do all of the work, or at least should do. Therefore, reindeer are sexist, and are to be replaced by snails, which contain both sets of sexual organs and are therefore more inclusive. Any person indulging in buying, selling or using sexist depictions of reindeer will be subjected to a new "gender hate law", which could result in a two year spell in prison and a £10,000 fine.

Ho Ho Ho The phrase "Ho" is misogynistic, and may therefore be offensive to women. To say it once is bad enough, but to blatantly commit a sexist crime three times in a row (by saying "Ho Ho Ho") is utterly unacceptable, and will be dealt with in accordance with the new "gender hate law" discussed above (see "reindeer").

Health and safety If you eat or drink too much, then controversial guidance from the Health Service drugs rationing watchdog will take your greed into account, and you may be denied medical care. To get around this, it is suggested that each family carry out a pre-emptive health and safety risk assessment to ensure that, as far as is reasonably practicable, you and your family do not exceed the government guidelines for merrymaking. Of course, this is New Labour, so no such guidelines exist (otherwise the public would know where it stands and would therefore have a degree of independence from state control); instead, family arbitration services will be set up to decide, on a whim, who has violated these nebulous, non-existent "merry making" guidelines. The "service user" will be charged £250 an hour if called to attend a family arbitration tribunal. All money from fines will be collected by the quango that was set up to investigate the institutionally bigoted notion of Christmas. As a result of collecting these fines, next year, the quango will be able to socially engineer and interfere in many more areas where it is neither wanted nor needed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
If this is for real... :shock:

Reality gone mad. Perhaps my ficitional world of Night Trains isn't so crazy after all... ;)

I really think people should be banned for saying stuff like that.

Its stupid,

Do i get offended by seeing a mosque at the end of the road?

Do I get offended during Ramadan?

Do I get offended by any other religion?

NO

Why should any of our values that have made us what we are, be tossed and turned around into political *****?

Edit: removed expetives - TB

what will they think of next to ban carol singers,xmas trees ,mince pies th mind boggles :x

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I can't believe people think that post is serious!

It's obviously a joke. But without a punch line, and not very funny.

BTW if only such laws could have been imposed before the Christians took over our Yule festival in the 4th century and re-branded it 'Christmas' ... then we wouldn't celebrate Christmas on the 25th, we'd be celebrating Yule (the Winter Solstice) today... ;)

Tom B

Established Member
If you speak to Muslims or people of any other religion, they don't have a problem with Christmas - in fact many of them celebrate it as a British tradition (which, let's face it, most of us do rather than it having religious meaning). It's the politicians who *think* they speak for these people who cause the trouble. Lots of people fail to realise this, provoking the kind of racist stuff you find in a section of the tabloid press.

evil_hippo

I am so proud that after about a second I realised that it was a joke.

Bonnie Prince Charlie, now is the time to get hugely embarassed for making a speech about somethign that was a joke!

Tomnick

Established Member
A joke, maybe. Not exactly based entirely on fiction though, sadly!

Gareth Hale

Nobody in this world can stop me from saying

MERRY
CHRISTMAS
I think its pathetic, also, can sombody who knows a person from another religion who thinks its offensive?

devon_metro

Established Member
If Labour make it illegal for us to say Merry Christmas i will laugh in their face and say Merry Christmas more often! They must remember if the want a 'multi cultural' society then they have to get everyones true opinion, I can imageine that nearly all of the Muslims in this country wouldn't be bothered about us saying two words. Labour are PARANOID

evil_hippo said:
I am so proud that after about a second I realised that it was a joke.

Bonnie Prince Charlie, now is the time to get hugely embarassed for making a speech about somethign that was a joke!

Embarresed about what? Political correctness is happening all the time, It would not srprise me if this pathetic Labour Goverment did something like this and banned Christmas

They wont ever get my vote

Dave A

Gareth Hale said:
Nobody in this world can stop me from saying

HAPPY
EASTER
Yes, the admins and moderators can stop you saying it! :roll: :P

Status
Not open for further replies.