• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A little help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisA

Passing Poole station today i saw a 442 in a non-electrified siding. Anyone have any ideas why it was there? I've ever seen the siding used before. The tracks are old and rusty and it is right next to the road behind a wire fence. (Next to those bus stops and the road which gets you out behind Barclays House leaveing the station for the locals!)

Secondly, i saw a diesel loco with a white livery and the name "Betty Balfour" or something on it. Could anyone specify which company that was> Normally EWS do the freight.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
ChrisA said:
Passing Poole station today i saw a 442 in a non-electrified siding. Anyone have any ideas why it was there? I've ever seen the siding used before. The tracks are old and rusty and it is right next to the road behind a wire fence. (Next to those bus stops and the road which gets you out behind Barclays House leaveing the station for the locals!)

Secondly, i saw a diesel loco with a white livery and the name "Betty Balfour" or something on it. Could anyone specify which company that was> Normally EWS do the freight.

Cheers

The 442 had failed & was probabally dragged by a 73

Are you sure it wasn't a Tamper?

T

Tom

The Balfour Beatty unit is a regular working and works every other day on an Eastleigh - Poole normally. Then I believe it works to Furzebrook but don't hold me to it.

How long was the 442 BTW, this may explain why it was on the non-electrified.

ChrisM

As far as i remember only the far end of the siding is not electrified so was probably moved on it's own as if a thunderbird was called then it should of taken it back to Branksome depot.

T

Tom

A 5 car has to use a thunderbird. If its a 10 car its under its own power.

Status
Not open for further replies.