• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A little survey

How realistic is the rail texture?

• Extremely Realistic

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Very Realistic

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Somewhat realistic

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Not too realistic

• Not realistic at all

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Just a little poll to see what you think about the rail textures. The rails are semi-rusty as theres only a few trains running on them each day.

Question: How realistic would you rate the rail textures on the picture below?

Edit: Please rate the rails NOT the ballast or sleepers. If you think its unrealistic( compare to this picture http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8067/45mph7fs.jpg ), please suggest how it could be more realistic (e.g colour needs to be more purple/ red etc...)

railsxe8.jpg

Poll closed upon request from 'EmergencyBrake' - Coxster

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class 313

Established Member
Very nice, looks like tube trains use it so i dont see how only a few trains use it a day but still very nice

Met Driver

Established Member
class 313 said:
Very nice, looks like tube trains use it so i dont see how only a few trains use it a day but still very nice

Assuming the shot was taken from EB's Ongar route, I think it's pretty accurate! The branch hardly had a service to boast about in the years running up to its closure! :lol:

Dennis

Established Member
IMHO, the rails look a bit on the thin side; might pay to check what width it should be using a suitable reference.

Seth said:
Assuming the shot was taken from EB's Ongar route, I think it's pretty accurate! The branch hardly had a service to boast about in the years running up to its closure! :lol:

Yes, during 1992, only three trains ran the branch in the morning and four in the evening, this makes only seven trains per day.

Dennis said:
IMHO, the rails look a bit on the thin side; might pay to check what width it should be using a suitable reference.

Hmmm, not sure about that. The mesh for the rails was from the LUL rails objects but the rail texture was from EOR's own track which I have tinted using Irfanview.

Dennis

Established Member
Colour looks fine - I was just questioning the actual width of the rail, looked a bit thin to me.

(It's not always safe to assume objects already in existence are correct; learnt that one the hard way, I built a BVE2 route many years ago with narrow guage track that I had copied from another UK mainline route!)

Tom B

Established Member
Dennis said:
(It's not always safe to assume objects already in existence are correct; learnt that one the hard way, I built a BVE2 route many years ago with narrow guage track that I had copied from another UK mainline route!)

Must have been a while ago - lots of the early routes used Japanese narrow gauge track.

nutter

If you want me to get picky, then i'd say if you want the route to look well used, get a silver line of varing widths going along the rail heads, to make the route look well used.

Generally though, it does look very good

evil_hippo

EmergencyBrake said:
Yes, during 1992, only three trains ran the branch in the morning and four in the evening, this makes only seven trains per day.

Really? This is something I had never realised.

Status
Not open for further replies.