• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A Little update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Hi guys

Just though you might like a little update on my projects!

First off i have got the layout around my bedroom running now, with most of my stock runnable i have had some interesting combinations, ill put some pics up later!

Although since running my stock which i havent really done for a long time i have had a few problems, My Ivatt 2-6-2 tank dropped all its motion on one side, the screw in the centre driver holding it all in fell out and as a consequence the motion followed! My River Tank (converted from a fowler tank) has suffered a major motor failure! Also had an edition to the fleet, a Triang Bullied pacfic bring the total of bullied pacifics up to 4, with three unrebuilt and one re built, this model is currently out of traffic awaiting repairs!

Onto my other projects, my 5 inch gauge tram is no running i completed the wiring last night, and am going to test it tonight at my local club! im hoping all will be well as im supposed to be taking to a railway in Swindon on sunday!

As far as cockcrow goes its the end of the season, we have already taken up some track and got the track bed ready for the new track, winter also provides time for work on locos to be done. On the last but one running day the atlantic was withdrawn from service due to the front end and cylinders working loose, it was found that a number of bolts were missing and the rest had worked loose! at least it happened now and not eariler in the season! my dad is working on strenghening the frames so it cant work loose, im going to give the boiler a good clean and fix the gauge glass that is lose and give it a once over and a general clean! ready for the new season next year!

any questions lol??

Stephen

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Your model railway sounds good stephen. Any shots?.

Established Member
I will sort some out tonight, i have to sort through all my pictures from the past few weeks ill make a start and see how far i get!

Ill let you know if they go up on my site!

Some good news, i got the new motor in my 5 inch guage loco, it flies now lol, am testing it tonight under load to see how it will go but im hoping its quick enough not to hold the railway up on a public day!

Status
Not open for further replies.