• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A long way to weymouth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmu fan

07:08 Worcester Shrub Hill to Weymouth due 11:00

Facilities on the 07:08 Worcester Shrub Hill to Weymouth due 11:00.
Toilet facilities are not available.

Are they going to change at Bristol Temple Meads for a different train going forward?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paula hewson

07:08 Worcester Shrub Hill to Weymouth due 11:00

Facilities on the 07:08 Worcester Shrub Hill to Weymouth due 11:00.
Toilet facilities are not available.

Are they going to change at Bristol Temple Meads for a different train going forward?
Reverses at Gloucs and BTM. Its a lovely trip. Done it a few times. Slow it is. But I would recommend it as you can see some great areas of Wessex

bengley

Established Member
Reverses at Gloucs and BTM. Its a lovely trip. Done it a few times. Slow it is. But I would recommend it as you can see some great areas of Wessex
I think the observation is more about the lack of loos ;)

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
One has only got to read GWR Journey Check each day to see the number of Turbos reported with toilets U/S varying in distance, for example 1923 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff two nights ago.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Toilets are a key issue the industry seems to struggle with.

Fundamentally there are too many units running around with only one of the things.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Toilets are a key issue the industry seems to struggle with.

Fundamentally there are too many units running around with only one of the things.

Makes a mockery of the reasons for PRM especially when there is more than toilet on the train and it is the disabled one out of use.

dmu fan

Nothing on journey check now for its return to Gloucester at 11am. So either fixed or a set swap ?

sleeper fan

On Moderation
More a fix than a swap I would say as that unit comes into Weymouth and then forms the Gloucester straight back out again. Weymouth doesn't stable any GWR trains during the day only over night

dmu fan

Potentially the toilet may have run out of water. It can be refilled
Yes in theory. There are water hoses on platform 1. Ive seen them.Pre Covid I was told they were not used as there is less than 15 mins turnaround on this diagram at Weymouth, 1056 arr, 1110 dep.
2 summers ago I had the 1730ish train back from Weymouth to Bristol. Sunny day, train packed. But this train had done Gloucester-Southampton - great malvern- weymouth-bristol. It was a class 150 and 158. This train arrived on time at 1710 ish. But the 2 toilets in the 158 were out of use, presumably out of water or waste tank full doing the all day diagram, Leaving the 150 on its own, added at Bristol on its way down.Not a great experience.

I think the observation is more about the lack of loos ;)
Yes. What I don't understand how the train which starts at 0600 from Gloucester to Worcester, then down to Weymouth just over an hour later has no working toilets, I saw it go past my house, a 166. The unit must have arrived Tuesday evening faulty, to lay over in gloucester sidings.

Last edited by a moderator:

vikingdriver

Yes in theory. There are water hoses on platform 1. Ive seen them.Pre Covid I was told they were not used as there is less than 15 mins turnaround on this diagram at Weymouth, 1056 arr, 1110 dep.
2 summers ago I had the 1730ish train back from Weymouth to Bristol. Sunny day, train packed. But this train had done Gloucester-Southampton - great malvern- weymouth-bristol. It was a class 150 and 158. This train arrived on time at 1710 ish. But the 2 toilets in the 158 were out of use, presumably out of water or waste tank full doing the all day diagram, Leaving the 150 on its own, added at Bristol on its way down.Not a great experience.

Maybe by the station staff but some of us drivers just crack on and do it instead!

dmu fan

Maybe by the station staff but some of us drivers just crack on and do it instead!
Well lots hope you're the driver on my journey when I have my sunny day out to Weymouth this summer to top up the tank on the way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.