• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A meeting to formalise the MGR appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

WSnook37025

Dear prospective members,

Richard Prestidge and myself are now setting the wheels in motion to organise the first meeting of the group that own the recently preserved MGR, HMA 355798 (Lot 3720, BR Shildon)

We have yet to give the group an official name, however National Wagon Preservation Group is a favourite. A name will be set in stone at the meeting.

We have proposed a meeting on either Sunday 5th or Sunday 12th July 2015 at Barrow Hill between 13:00 and 15:00. The 5th seems to work best but please let me know your preference.

A yearly membership would be £10 to become a member of the group. We would look to take membership fees from those who attend on the day. We will also have a dedicated PayPal address set up once the name has been chosen for those who cannot attend.

Amongst the topics of discussion at our meeting, there will be:

1) The official name of the group
2) Member positions
3) Membership fees
4) Aims and objectives of the group
5) Revenue & fundraising schemes

We would invite any persons who wish to attend to confirm as soon as possible and let us know their preffered date, so we can organise the logistics involved. We hope to have 355798 nearby for a photo opportunity.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply or get in touch via [email protected]

PS: If anyone would like to car share with me from Crewe, i would be happy to take 4 others with me. Small petrol contribution would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
William Snook

Status
Not open for further replies.