• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A Merry Christmas Wish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
A very merry Christmas to all here on RailUK and a happy new year to boot!

Crossover

Established Member
Happy Christmas to all RUK members :D

Hope you all have a fantastic day - and remember, don't eat too many mince pies or drink too much....or is that eat too many mince pies and drink plenty? :P
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
thanks to everyone who has welcomed me in the forum since March and in particular the people I met and made friends with at the0October Birmingham meal/WMDR Meet.

You are most welcome :)
Was great to meet you too and was a great day to boot :D

Ivo

Established Member
Ho ho ho folks, I think. :?

After seeing the pile of presents across the room from me, and realising that roughly 75% of them are for the niece alone, I'm really not in the festive spirit. Even by Chrimbo standards she is being spoilt!

Anyway, I've been tracking something called NORAD Santa on Google, which suggests where Santa is as he "travels" around the globe. He hit London at 00:28 GMT and is also shown as having visited Ely, the Millennium Stadium, Cork, Dublin, Belfast, Londonderry, Edinburgh and Inverness before departing the British Isles for Iceland (where he is now) after approximately 34 minutes. He is due to make at least one more stop in the area, in Shannon, before making an epic Transatlantic voyage which will surely be as instantaneous as all of his other intermediate journeys...

Also, I should finally be getting a new phone, so people can call me again (this means you yorkie! :lol:) - and even a pseudo-date on Tuesday! If only it was a genuine one and not a random hello that should have happened over 18 months ago...

[YOUTUBE]ZnbQSQsf0Bw[/YOUTUBE]

DJ737

G'day
Merry Christmas to all and have a prosperous new year.

Today the public transport system is not only running (Sunday service) it's free aswell to try and keep drunk drivers off the roads. :)

Cheers
DJ737
Melbourne, Australia

Flamingo

Established Member
Merry Christmas to all. :D

I look forward to charging you up in the New Year! <D ;) :lol::lol::lol:

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Since we're wishing everyone a merry christmas in more then one language and since RailUK are truly intenational forums....

Frohe Weihnachten Allen

З Різдвом всіх

Praesent sem omnis

Nadolig Llawen pawb

メリークリスマスのすべて

and finally Nollaig Shona go léir
You missed some out:

Feliz Navidad y un Feliz Año Nuevo

Cras et sem a Kalendis Ianuariis

Καλά Χριστούγεννα και Ευτυχισμένο το Νέο Έτος :D

Schnellzug

Established Member
Anyway, I've been tracking something called NORAD Santa on Google, which suggests where Santa is as he "travels" around the globe. He hit London at 00:28 GMT and is also shown as having visited Ely, the Millennium Stadium, Cork, Dublin, Belfast, Londonderry, Edinburgh and Inverness before departing the British Isles for Iceland (where he is now) after approximately 34 minutes. He is due to make at least one more stop in the area, in Shannon, before making an epic Transatlantic voyage which will surely be as instantaneous as all of his other intermediate journeys...
It said on Wikipedia yesterday, The NORAD Tracks Santa program began in 1955 when children began calling the Continental Air Defense Command Center to inquire about Santa Claus' whereabouts due to a misprinted phone number.

:lol:

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
It said on Wikipedia yesterday, The NORAD Tracks Santa program began in 1955 when children began calling the Continental Air Defense Command Center to inquire about Santa Claus' whereabouts due to a misprinted phone number.

:lol:

They're probably better at tracking Santa than real missiles! :lol:

Bastiaan

Thanks to all other members for the interesting news, information and discussions about UK railways! I enjoy visiting this forum every day.

Here is my Christmas greeting! It's says in Dutch: I wish every one a pleasant and white Christmas and a happy and well 2012! (Pleasant warm pub is that way) :D

kerst2011_800.jpg

Yew

Established Member
-- . .-. .-. -.-- | -.-. .... .-. .. ... - -- .- ...

Status
Not open for further replies.