A new Pride livery - "Pride of ScotRail"

Status
Not open for further replies.

py_megapixel

Established Member
334006 has been put into a special livery to display the rainbow flag for LGBT+ pride. This particular one shares a lot with the Avanti one: it uses the "progress" flag; it's an all-over vinyl wrap in a completely new design rather than just adding some stripes to an existing livery (though it seems to only cover the end carriages unlike Avanti's which covers the whole train); it's planned to be around fairly permanently (i.e. until the underlying paintwork needs redoing; according to ScotRail this is about 8 years); and it's deliberately "eye-catching".

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Looks like a kid had an accident with their paint palette! :)

Must admit I prefer "partnership" style liveries where the Pride element (or indeed any other non-TOC element - I'll criticise TfW's "mobile billboard" Mk4 DVTs for the same reason) is nicely integrated into the base livery. The GWR one is my favourite Pride livery - visible but understated - though I'm conscious it needs an update to add the missing colours from the new flag.

supervc-10

I think it looks great! And I think the brighter the better, personally. Very glad it's using the Progress Flag too.

Status
Not open for further replies.