• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A New railtour operator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good evening,

I had a brochure in the post today from Kingfisher Productions, advertising various DVDs etc. (I am on their mailing list I think as I used to travel on Kingfisher Charter trains a few years ago) Anyway, there was also included in the same mailshot, a brochure of Land Cruises by train, day and short minibreaks, by diesel and steam traction, operated by a firm called "Great Railway Journeys of Britian" by "Great British Railways/Enjoy Travel", with an address in Blackburn. Does anyone know if this a revamped venture by Kingfisher, I have a feeling that Statesman Railtours have or had some connection with Kingfisher?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Shed 34F

Booked to go one a tour with them in September. Having been shafted a couple of times previous by tour operators I'm a bit wary that they can't deliver. I lost money when Flamboyant when out of business.

I note from their website that they have already had a few problems with negative press and difficulties with their suppliers.

Last edited by a moderator:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I lost money when Flambouyant when out of business.
Flamboyant promised to ensure everyone was refunded. Did that not happen?

(By the way Flamboyant was never actually a Company and was an individual trading under that name).

Status
Not open for further replies.