• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A positive rail journey experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

175mph

On Moderation
Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section but about a week ago, I got on a train at Barnetby in Lincolnshire, an East Midlands one, and since there was no ticket purchasing facilities available I had to buy on the train. The conductor was happy to let me do it before the train departed rather than approach me later as the train was in motion and was happy to tell about the discount I would receive if I show a concessionary fare bus pass issued in North Lincolnshire. (Ended up getting about 50% off).

He was the politely train conductor I'd ever spoken to.

If you are reading this, thank you for the excellent customer service!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
I couldn't agree with you, having pottering around Lincolnshire area over the last week, the vast majority of guards have been upbeat and fast to check tickets (although I did disappoint one guard who wanted to sell a ticket from Thorpe Culvert)

175mph

On Moderation
I couldn't agree with you, having pottering around Lincolnshire area over the last week, the vast majority of guards have been upbeat and fast to check tickets (although I did disappoint one guard who wanted to sell a ticket from Thorpe Culvert)

Did they even knock on toilet doors? :lol:

In comparison when I've been on train routes around Lincolnshire recently, especially the transpennine express route, the guards haven't been very upbeat and fast to check tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.