• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

a question about spamming of comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

is it possible for a fotopic comments page to be spammed so badley that its owner can no longer access it to delete them, and the only way they can be viewed is to look under the pictures as the same abuse has been repeated over and over again some of it is rather unpleasent-anyone else had this problem at all

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisM

If you have a problem just delete them or use the moderate settings.
I get a fair few but by not responding they soon move on.
If you respond then you are playing right into their hands,it's what they want.

richa2002

Established Member
117305 said:
is it possible for a fotopic comments page to be spammed so badley that its owner can no longer access it to delete them, and the only way they can be viewed is to look under the pictures as the same abuse has been repeated over and over again some of it is rather unpleasent-anyone else had this problem at all
Apologies for that. I didn't think before posting.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Can we keep non-railuk arguments off railuk.

T

Tom

There is a question about fotopic comments in this topic. This is not a question of what 117305 has done previously. The topic has already been split once, final warning.

richard i would like you to remove that remark you made against me please ,until all this started i was going to post a set of me and my gf ,but alias the actions of criag his girlfrind ,40445,highland chieftan - setting up a fake website to attack me blow all chances of me ever uploading in fact ive given serious considertion to deleting my fotopic site completley due to all the spam those idiots have sent me.

due to the contents of some of the spam sent to my fotopic site the matter may be refered to the police ok and legal action will be taken against the offenders

Tom B

Established Member
Yes, high priority for the police, of course...

oh so 40-50 pages of repeated spam under pictures on my fotopic site is a joke then is it ,not so funny when it cant be removed bye normal means and even deleting 2 set of pictures does not erase the comments.
if thats someone idea of a good joke what does the spammer do for fun

maybe i should just give up railways used to be fun but sadley the "rot" set in many years ago even charters are no longer fun espically as a large percentage of tours ive booked for over the last 3 years have been put off or canned

Why dont u just get a sence of humore and try to make friends????.
It is that simple!!
and change ur signature its setting a bad example.

i do have a sense of humear most of the time well mostley on fridays from 2030-2100!!!!:) - and ive changed my sig back to what it was::happy10:
Ive tended to find most of my friends only seem to want me for what ive got or can give them!- so long as there my collection of animals i dont mind 3 of the cats choose me they were strays and no one else wanted them :D

CRAIG STOP IT!

Cats choose people because its there nature to. But why not make friends on here and STOP MAKING FUN OF PEOPLE!!!!! EVERYONE*thats aimed at all*

Craig

Established Member
Chaz said:
Why not just disable the comments section on your fotopic site...
That's what he keep threatening, then enables them again after half an hour or so :p

Chaz said:
Baaaaad Craig.... ;)

Why not just disable the comments section on your fotopic site...

the comments are now disabled but sadley because of the sheer volume of spammed comments- i would guess around 500 or so pages! they cant even be accessed to be removed bye normal means ,so im hopeing that fotopic can wipe the slate for me with out eraseing my pictures
Even deleting 2 picture sets has not helped(they might go back in) i know i may have "cheesed "off a certain number of persons but it was not on what they did to my comments and pretty sad sitting there posting all that spam:confused:

ChrisM

117305 said:
the comments are now disabled but sadley because of the sheer volume of spammed comments- i would guess around 500 or so pages! they cant even be accessed to be removed bye normal means ,so im hopeing that fotopic can wipe the slate for me with out eraseing my pictures
Even deleting 2 picture sets has not helped(they might go back in) i know i may have "cheesed "off a certain number of persons but it was not on what they did to my comments and pretty sad sitting there posting all that spam:confused:
Just go to 'gallery comments' and delete them then settings,'show comments under photo' and untick it then for gods sake moderate the comments using the 'gallery comments' moderation settings.

i have unticked the comments under pics option it was the only way i could see what had been written(i forgot to turn it off ever i make mistakes) due to the sheer volume of around i would say 500 pages +in total that causes my computer to crash every time i try to delete them, although i do beleave some peaple have a direct link thorught the backdoor to view:evil1:

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
To be honest, I can't see any more source for constructive discussion here, and as the quarrel seems to have been resolved, I'm locking this thread.

However, if you think otherwise, do not hesitate to contact any member of RUK staff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.