• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A question about the 810s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeetbuses2020

I heard the other day about how the EMR 810s will have to run on Diesel from 5 miles out of St Pancras to Bedford because the existing OHLE is only capable of 100 MPH. Then I realised that the 810s are not planned to stop at Bedford as the 360s will take over that route, so how will they change power without stopping. Can these Trains change power supply while in motion?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I heard the other day about how the EMR 810s will have to run on Diesel from 5 miles out of St Pancras to Bedford because the existing OHLE is only capable of 100 MPH. Then I realised that the 810s are not planned to stop at Bedford as the 360s will take over that route, so how will they change power without stopping. Can these Trains change power supply while in motion?

Yes, 80x can change over on the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.