• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A question on Training material for a trainee train driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charliew24

Hi, I have been invited to a assessment day on the 1st of Auguest with Arriva Rail London.
I have been practicing hard at the test and starting to feel comfortable with what is required.

Some of the test give you get 1 minute to do it in, to complete some of those test are physically impossible to do in that time frame. Do the test centres purposley give you assessments that 99% of people can't complete ? Are they testing you on how far you can get with accuracy and speed but not worried about completing it ?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cyclist

Bourdon certainly isn’t completable but the rest of the tests are. The cables and dials one I think can be passed without completing but I completed it with about 10 seconds to spare.

Duns2208

I didn’t complete cables and dials and still passed, advice is on a balance of speed and accuracy, at the time when leaving the assessment I thought I should have worked quicker but it was clearly ok. There’s no definite on bourdon but opinion on here ranges from between 8-12 accurate lines should do the trick, you certainly won’t finish it. Good luck

Bennski

No, they even say you shouldn't really be able to fully complete each of the tests on the day. I've not seen many people on here say they completed all the tests fully and even then other people say they didn't and still passed. I passed my assessments and I know for sure that I didn't complete them all fully. For example the dots, by the time the time was up I had completed around a page and half. But it all comes down to accuracy, you will fail if you miss or make too many errors. Its best to take your time and ensure you get every single one 100% correct. At least then you know you got 12 lines of dots completely right say...

Status
Not open for further replies.