• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A quick update on the Madman

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

Those who saw this on WNXX a while back will know so don't bother.

Anyway, latest in, a madman was seen on a Voyager recently. I'm saying that. You have to watch the video.

http://madman.railuk.org/

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just in case anyone is any doubt, the video there is the original one from months ago.

Sprog

Established Member
How can u say hes a fruitcake? :? :roll:

Looks to me like a poor bloke, whos had a hard day and is just trying to get home. Voyager full and standing, ****ty luggage racks and a heavy bag (that prob fitted on the racks in the Mk.3s/Mk.2s.) Not a nice combination. <(

OK, maybe punching the bag was a little OTT, but he looks hot, flustered and tired. I think if i was in his position, id be pretty P*ssed off aswell......

Also, ive seen far worse than that. Like on the way to Cardiff for the Rhymney gala, a guy who decided hed walk onto our Wessex 158 and loudly shout: "i fu*king love trains i do" repeatedly, getting louder everytime. I was a second away from telling him to shut up up as we pulled into Cardiff.

Just think before you speak, eh ?! :roll:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
spm_43030 said:
How can u say hes a fruitcake? :? :roll:
fruitcake (PERSON)
noun {C} UK SLANG
a crazy person

It's obviously subjective, and if Simming thinks that person is crazy that's his choice, I'm not going to argue ;) . If you wish to disagree that's your choice. :)

Sprog

Established Member
I just think its a little harsh labelling him as a 'Madman' :?

Why not 'P*ssed off passenger' (has a ring to it) ;)

Or simply: 'Angry Man' <D

anyway......whatever........ :roll:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
spm_43030, as usual, has a good point. We're getting more and more like the 'norms' who would call us crazy for liking railways. It's not fair to call him 'mad', as spm_43030 says in his original post on this thread.

Coxster

Established Member
Poor guy. He tried to get his bag onto a rediculously small luggage rack and then gets pasted around the internet!

Sprog

Established Member
AND THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS:

VOYAGERS ARE SH*T

;) ;) ;) ;)

YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE :!: <D

Simming

Yea, I used to say voyagers where rubbish, but I was told off for that, so now I blame the passenger.

and come on, the guy is a fruitcake, lashing out at his bag, why not just put it on the floor?

TicketMan

I like fruitcake.

Must have a good dictionary there Mr Y - i cant find it in mine. But I swore fruitcake is more commonly known as a foodstuff - a rather nice cakey foodstuff...

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Voyager's ARENT **** at all! They were originally designed to be 6-car sets (hence why they're lettered A (First Class :) )- F (Quiet Zone) but the SRA (i think) refused to give VXC the money for all the cariages.

The MAIN point I'd like to make is that everyone expected a pretty big increase in passengers after operation princess, but NO ONE expected it to be as huge as it actually was.

Yes, I know they arent perfect by any means, but most of it's down to the fact they wern't allowed to be built as long as VT wanted them to be.

The other key factor is luggage space. Whoever actually designed the Voyagers (I don't actually know.. is it to do with Bombardier?) obviously didn't think about what they will be used for. One of the most important factors about the interior of the cariage of VXC trains is that they have a good amount of luggage space.

VXC has made this a little better, by removing the rear 2 seats by the luggage racks from coach C in the 220/221s, and also coach B in the 221s.

Again sticking with Voyagers, does anyone know what happened between 221 139, and a GNER HST 43, at Edinburgh Craiginenty (don't know how to spell it) a few days ago, causing a 2nd MML HST diagram next week?

spm_43030 said:
AND THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS:

VOYAGERS ARE SH*T

;) ;) ;) ;)

YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE :!: <D

Sprog

Established Member
43008 and 221139 had a small 'disagreement' at EC.

Prob a side swipe or a 'slight' bump..........

Jordy

Established Member
spm_43030 said:

Yeah, the HST was probably trying to get the Voyager written off so it could run some Cross Country duties :P ;)

Jordy

Sprog

Established Member
Jordy said:
spm_43030 said:

Yeah, the HST was probably trying to get the Voyager written off so it could run some Cross Country duties :P ;)

Jordy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Theres only one way to settle this..............FIIIGHT!" <D <D <D

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Jordy said:
spm_43030 said:

Jordy

lol the HST probablly know's how good it is to be a 220/221, flying around England, Scotland, and sometimes To/From Wales & London :D

It's also probablly jelous that 221's can tilt along the WCML :P

Jordy

Established Member
voyagerdude220 said:
Jordy said:
spm_43030 said:

Jordy

lol the HST probablly know's how good it is to be a 220/221, flying around England, Scotland, and sometimes To/From Wales & London :D

It probably is, but I bet the Voyager is jelous about the length of the HST :P

Jordy

Guinness

Established Member
Jordy said:
voyagerdude220 said:
Jordy said:
spm_43030 said:

Jordy

It probably is, but I bet the Voyager is jelous about the length of the HST :P

Jordy

But then gets his Super Voyager buddy to couple up with him and gang up on the HST.

Sprog

Established Member
Except, before the Vermin can do anything, they catch fire.......awwww, what a shame :roll: ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: <D <D <D

Status
Not open for further replies.