• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A Really bad Day for Northern Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

Signalling problem between Doncaster and Scunthorpe / Hull
Time Reported:19:35Route Affected:Hull – Goole – Hatfield & Stainforth - Doncaster – Sheffield; also Cleethorpes – Grimsby Town – Scunthorpe – Hatfield & Stainforth - Doncaster – Sheffield – Manchester Piccadilly – Manchester AirportTOC/s Affected:Northern Rail, Transpennine ExpressDescription:Train services between Doncaster and Hull, and between Doncaster and Scunthorpe are being disrupted due to a signalling problem in the Hatfield & Stainforth area.

Services between Doncaster and Hull in both directions will be diverted via Selby, with replacement bus services operating between Doncaster and Gilberdyke.

Replacement bus services will operate between Doncaster and Scunthorpe

Customers should allow extra time for their journeys, especially customers travelling to Manchester Airport with flight reservations

There is currently no estimate for a normal train service to resumeUpdates:20:24 The line between Doncaster and Scunthorpe has now reopened in both directions and train services are resuming. Replacement bus services have been withdrawn on this route.

Train services between Doncaster and Hull in both directions are still subject to diversion via Selby, with replacement bus services in operation between Doncaster and Gilberdyke

THIS INCIDENT HAS BEEN CLEARED
Signalling problems between Fitzwilliam and Doncaster/ Moorthorpe
Time Reported:18:31Route Affected:sheffield – Meadowhall – Bolton-on-Dearne – Moorthorpe – Fitzwilliam – Wakefield Kirkgate/
Wakefield Westgate – Leeds; also Doncaster – South Elmsall – Fitzwilliam – Wakefield Westgate
– LeedsTOC/s Affected:GNER, Northern Rail, Virgin TrainsDescription:Train services between Fitzwilliam and Doncaster/ Moorthorpe are being disrupted due to signalling problems

Delays up to 55 minutes can be expected

The estimated time for a normal train service to resume is 2 hoursTime reported cleared: 20:07

Line-side fire between Manchester Oxford Road and Bolton via Salford Crescent
Time Reported:07:46Route Affected:Manchester Piccadilly–Bolton–Preston–Lancaster- Barrow-in-Furness/Windermere; Manchester
Piccadilly/Victoria–Bolton-Wigan Wallgate-Southport/Kirkby; Manchester Victoria–Bolton–
Blackburn-ClitheroeTOC/s Affected:Northern Rail, Transpennine Express, Virgin TrainsDescription:Train services between Manchester Oxford Road and Bolton via Salford Crescent are being disrupted due to a line-side fire

Replacement road transport is in operation between Manchester Victoria, Bolton and Wigan Wallgate in both directions

Replacement road transport is in operation between Manchester Piccadilly and Bolton in both directionsUpdates:16:55 Train services are now on the move between Manchester Oxford Road and Bolton via Salford Crescent

Transpennine Express will continue with road replacement transport in addition to train services due to members of train crew unavailable

Northern Rail will continue with road replacement transport in addition to train services due to members of train crew unavailable

Virgin Trains services will operate to
timetable calling at Bolton

The estimated time for a normal train service to resume is 4 hours
Time reported cleared: 19:38

Fatality between Newcastle and Middlesbrough
Time Reported:09:50Route Affected:Hexham - MetroCentre - Newcastle – Sunderland - Seaham - Hartlepool – Thornaby -
Middlesborough – Redcar Central – SaltburnTOC/s Affected:Northern RailDescription:Train services between Newcastle and Middlesbrough are being disrupted due to a fatality between Seaham and Hartlepool

Road replacement transport will operate between Seaham and Middlesbrough in both directions

There is currently no estimated time for a normal train service to resumeUpdates:10:53 Train services are able to operate again through the affected area, but residual delays may still occur
Time reported cleared:12:24

Operating incident at Chinley, between Manchester Piccadilly and Sheffield
Time Reported:06:12Route Affected:Manchester Piccadilly – Stockport - Hazel Grove - Chinley - Sheffield; also Manchester Piccadilly – Reddish North - Romiley – Marple – Chinley - Edale – SheffieldTOC/s Affected:Central Trains, Northern Rail, Transpennine ExpressDescription:Train services between Manchester Piccadilly and Sheffield are being disrupted due to an operating incident in the Chinley area

Alterations & delays of up to 45 minutes can be expected

The estimated time for a normal train service to resume is 1-2 hoursUpdates:09:30 Delays of 20 minutes can now be expected
Time reported cleared: 10:00

Bad Day for TPE too.

Northern Staff handled the Salford Incident VERY well and should be congratulated for this, Top marks from me!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gizmogle

Established Member
Haha, sounds like a normal day with Northern to me.
They're ALWAYS delayed when I get their trains.
I'll wait half an hour at a station to get another TOC rather than Northern.

Ascot

Established Member
Typical British Rail, sounds just like the ticketing system on the network as well *grrrr*

Tomnick

Established Member
Let's be fair to Northern here (not aimed at Ben - I see that you've acknowledged Northern's efforts!) - out of all the 'problems', all but one of them are completely out of their control, and the one remaining one probably wasn't their fault!

Ben

Let's be fair to Northern here (not aimed at Ben - I see that you've acknowledged Northern's efforts!) - out of all the 'problems', all but one of them are completely out of their control, and the one remaining one probably wasn't their fault!
Nooo I wasnt aiming it at Northern i was meaning that it was a Bad Day even more so because the Incidents were out of their Control.

Tomnick

Established Member
Yep, sorry Ben - I realised that! Seemed to be a bit of an anti-Northern rant following though ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.