• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A seat with a view

Status
Not open for further replies.

snail

Established Member
Just booked tickets with Red Spotted Hanky to Euston.

In the seat reservation options as well as the usual table, airline, window or aisle was a new tick box labelled 'View'. And it works - without it I was given seat 29 in coach A (restricted), with it I got seat 17, which should be next to a window.

Not as good as being able to select a specific seat but definitely an improvement.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
That option's been there a while.
Obviously "view" is far more subjective than forwards/aisle/table etc.

pemma

Veteran Member
I've found it's difficult to try and get an airline seat with a view. Usually when I've tried that I've been offered an airline seat without a view or a table seat with a view.

willas00

Just booked tickets with Red Spotted Hanky to Euston.

In the seat reservation options as well as the usual table, airline, window or aisle was a new tick box labelled 'View'. And it works - without it I was given seat 29 in coach A (restricted), with it I got seat 17, which should be next to a window.

Not as good as being able to select a specific seat but definitely an improvement.

Never knew this....

Status
Not open for further replies.