• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A selection of Virgin Trains 'funny adverts'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic2009

Established Member
Having search through Youtube tonight, if you have not already seen these then have a look :P

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ole man

I'd never seen advert number 1, take it OFCOM banned it, shame cracking last few seconds

Simon11

Established Member
Hmm no overhead cables on the Indian clip, so how the hell is the pendo moving :P

ole man

I noticed that, and the Indians need to put there horses in the Cheltenham Gold Cup with the speed they go

jammie300

There was a Virgin advert that showed someone waving to someone in the train. I dont know how but I find it difficult to see people in the train when the VT goes past at 90mph.

matrix

If I remember rightly, a Super Voyager was used and made up to look like a pendo, with the use of decals and the magic of special effects, Im sure it was filmed on a hertitage railway somewhere

LE Greys

Established Member

All Line Rover

Established Member
The first one is a rather strange advert for a train company. It's got nothing to do with trains at all! :|

I thought this one was quite good. Completely unrealistic but still good. It was even better when they made this "revised" version.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
If we're going down the road of best advert then it has to be this one for me:

[youtube]bKoZJKItYZE[/youtube]

tsr

Established Member
If we're going down the road of best advert then it has to be this one for me:

[youtube]bKoZJKItYZE[/youtube]

That does have to be amongst the very best ads ever made, in my opinion, but I am always a little bit depressed that anything like that filmed now would be less "Britain's Railway" and more "The Railway Companies and Different Government Agencies Bickering Whilst Things Go Wrong". Still, it's fantastic to watch, and the filming (not done by rail, shall we say) and the soundtrack are simply superb.

LE Greys

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.