• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A surprise at wigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
That'll be the return leg of UK Railtours' "The Sandgrounder", 14:13 Southport to Kings Cross. Due to pass through Wigan at 14:41, so looks like it was running to time!

Looks like the mark 1 kitchen car that was formerly Cargo-Ds is seeing plenty of use with UK Railtours now.

When did 67029 have the "big beastie" vinyls replaced with DB logos? It makes sense for DB to do it of course, given that it's the loco specially selected for Executive train duties, but I had previously assumed that DB had simply switched to using 67018 for the Executive train, that is until it became apparent that 67018 has been pretty much glued to the Chiltern Mainline workings in 2012.

Crimson_Quiff

I was going to head out to phot this somewhere on the Southport line, but I was invited to an alcohol session with a friend of mine so that got the vote instead! :lol:

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
That is a really good video and interesting to see that Kitchen Car in the rake. Hope the tour went well.

callum112233

Thanks. It's an ok video considering i just whipped my phone out because i didn't expect it.

philjo

Established Member
I was on that tour - an excellent day.
We were diverted after Wigan to go via Bolton to reach Manchester Victoria as there was a service train in touble on only one engine in the booked route so it was decided to divert us to avoid the risk of getting stuck behind it.

Good views across the pennines. There were a number of people out photographing the train as we waited to enter the single line section at Penistone - I hadn't been along that line before.
After Sheffield we went past Toton to reach Nottingham.
Arrived back at Stevenage on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.