• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A trip to the NRM with a suprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverwolf

I had a random, unplanned trip to the NRM today and was shocked to see how much it has changed since the last time I was there. LMS 5000 (I think) is missing along with the Jubilee section, a lot of engines nowhere to be seen, and vast open spaces. Even the main shop had moved!

But to my suprise was 66412 in the workshop! Considering I restarted marking numbers off in my book, it was certainly one I wouldn't have seen lineside. Does anyone know why it's there of all places?

Sent from my U20i

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
66412 is being prepared for export to Poland in the workshops at the NRM. It seems like a very strange place to have selected for this work to be carried out.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
66412 is being prepared for export to Poland in the workshops at the NRM. It seems like a very strange place to have selected for this work to be carried out.

good subcontracting use of facilities I say. Makes a change from all those bloody kettles (runs for cover ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.