• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A use for old train tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

Established Member
I've had a pile of APTIS tickets sat in the draw of my desk for ages. I've finally found a use for them...

20060106_01.jpg

...keeping my laptop screen open! The hinge doesn't work properly anymore, so this'll do until I get around to taking it apart and fixing it :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
Still? I thought they were issued everywhere?! (Except for those stupidly large things GNER love)

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Sadly, APTIS is gradually being replaced around here on TPE, though cheapskate Northern don't look to be doing a lot anytime soon :p

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
ATW have stopped using the original APTIS machines at mainline stations in favour of I think it was the STAR system (well at least thats what newport were trialling) The tickets looks the same with just a different type of print though.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
And rubs off/fades easily too. Get one stamped and put it straight back in your ticket wallet. Odds are highly in favour of the ink rubbing off immediately onto the plastic, and it takes ages to get off.

Nice use for them Craig!

Status
Not open for further replies.