• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A very simple question on Oyster: Do you get charged extra for using tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR :D

I will be arriving at one terminal in Z1, then I'll touch in tube to another terminal in Z1 which then I'll be using NR to Z4. Will I get charged extra for using tube?

Last time, I decided to walk from one terminal to another terminal in worry that I would get charged extra for using tube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
If it is green route on the BR oyster map, then yes it will be the LT single, which is £2.60 off peak.

TSR :D

One more question, do I have to touch in and out again in interchange between bakerloo and NR at paddington rail station?

sonic2009

Established Member
Yes you will have to touch out to leave the Underground Premises, and then touch back in when entering National Rail platforms.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I will be arriving at one termini in Z1, then I'll touch in tube to another termini in Z1 which then I'll be using NR to Z4. Will I get charged extra for using tube?

It depends what the terminals are. If they are Paddington and Fenchurch Street for example there will be no extra charge, but if they are Waterloo and Euston then there will. If you put your whole journey into the single fare finder it will tell you what the fare is.

Last time, I decided to walk from one termini to another termini in worry that I would get charged extra for using tube.

That could result in you paying for two NR journeys unless there is a walking OSI between the termini. That in turn could be more expensive than the small add-on for mixing NR+TfL on a journey including zone 1.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I will be arriving at one termini in Z1, then I'll touch in tube to another termini in Z1 which then I'll be using NR to Z4. Will I get charged extra for using tube.
As you have not specified your origin & destination, I am unable to answer your question.

However you can find the answer for any journey you wish by using the Single Fare Finder on the TfL website.

For some journeys there are 'alternative routes', so be sure to check that out where the option exists.

In some cases there is no extra to pay for onward tube connections, while in others there is extra to pay, this information is available on the TfL website (as mentioned in another Oyster thread 2 days ago).

TfL said:
What you pay depends on the route you use and how you pay. Here's how to work out your fare.

Look at the pay as you go tariffs on National Rail (PDF 60KB)

If any of your journey is on a red route use the tables on this page:

If you're only travelling on a green route use the Tube, DLR and London Overground fares table

If you know your start and end stations and want to know the cost of a single journey, use single fare finder

If you want to know the cash fare for a journey that is not listed or is outside Zone 6, please go to www.nationalrail.co.uk

Brucey

One more question, do I have to touch in and out again in interchange between bakerloo and NR at paddington rail station?

Make sure you touch out at the NR station, then back in again on the tube. This will create an Out of Station Interchange (OSI) and join them into one journey, provided you make the transfer within a specified time.

If the gates are left open at the NR station, make sure you touch in/out on the Oyster readers anyway, otherwise you will end up with incomplete journeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.