A year today...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
17,924
Location
Nowhere Heath
Since Jordy made me think about it...Had a look just now (<1 minute ago!), and I've been on here for a year today!

Just a quick heads up saying that's its great to have reached such a milestone, I couldn't imagine not being on here anymore! Been a great year for meets, it has expanded my knowledge and idealisms on rail enthusiasm, and have since got into buses as well. Met so many people, done a good few meets, got some many numbers and so many routes covered...

Here's to another year!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

Established Member
Joined
7 Jun 2005
Messages
1,161
Big wooo, I've been here over a year :p

A long year of my life wasted here, sad isn't it...
 

Coxster

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
9,244
Chaz said:
I remember been on the Holyhead 47 on the way back chatting about the idea with Yorkie and co. ;)
Wasn't on that particular meet but I remember the conversations about another forum on many slammers on many occasions - how boring it was ;)
 

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,871
Chaz said:
It must of been :P
It wasnt always boring. ;)

*Edit*
It must have been at least two years since we (collective group, forgotten the names of everybody) came up with the idea for RailUK! I'm pretty certain it was on the Thumper meet (late-2004), ah I remember that meet well, heads out with Yorkie from Uckfield to East Croydon, then we found the infamous "Think like a passenger" sign on the platform (I believe it was something like that).

*Edit again*

Unless it was on the CEP Farewell Railtour, that was fun too, not gonna ramble again though.
 

Coxster

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Messages
9,244
Jamie said:
It must have been at least two years since we (collective group, forgotten the names of everybody) came up with the idea for RailUK! I'm pretty certain it was on the Thumper meet (late-2004), ah I remember that meet well, heads out with Yorkie from Uckfield to East Croydon, then we found the infamous "Think like a passenger" sign on the platform (I believe it was something like that).
I remember that - my first "proper" meet. I met up first with yourself, Chaz and Yorkie at Victoria and we went to Staines or something first. I remember you and Yorkie went to do H/O whilst myself, Chaz, Adrian Lancer, James Underwood, Chris Jolly etc stayed in our own half a coach randomly talking and doing impressions.
 

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
1,871
Coxster said:
I remember that - my first "proper" meet. I met up first with yourself, Chaz and Yorkie at Victoria and we went to Staines or something first. I remember you and Yorkie went to do H/O
Yes, I think I'd done a few trips before that, I know my first meet was RailFest 2004 at the NRM, though I kinda split off from the group cause I was with my Mum and she got rather bored.

I think after that we did a number of trips around Manchester, and I seem to remember Hag Fold came into the equasion somewhere along the line.

Coxter said:
stayed in our own half a coach randomly talking and doing impressions.
And throwing water out of the windows into Yorkie's face. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top