• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A4 in Stirling 23 May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EltonRoad

Cathedrals Explorer Day 6

Edinburgh 1558
Inverkeithing 1637
Kirkcaldy 1657
Glenrothes / Thornton 1706
Stirling 1855 - 1857
Linlithgow 1926
Edinburgh 2033

:)

route:oxford

Established Member
Cathedrals Explorer Day 6

Edinburgh 1558
Inverkeithing 1637
Kirkcaldy 1657
Glenrothes / Thornton 1706
Stirling 1855 - 1857
Linlithgow 1926
Edinburgh 2033

:)

So is it routing via Alloa?

Thus avoiding Perth & Dunblane Cathedrals...

silverfoxcc

Goo point,
Whats the route from Glenrothes to Stirling?
2Hrs seems a long time between the two places

Failed Unit

Established Member
Goo point,
Whats the route from Glenrothes to Stirling?
2Hrs seems a long time between the two places

I think it is via Alloa, otherwise a reverse would be needed. Maybe it has a water stop? Likewise Linlithgow - Edinburgh is a little slow unless it is going via the suburban line.

sidmouth

I thought steam was banned through the Haymarket tunnels hence the need to travel via the suburban lines. Certainly, this is the route I have travelled in the past behind an A4.

Failed Unit

Established Member
I thought steam was banned through the Haymarket tunnels hence the need to travel via the suburban lines. Certainly, this is the route I have travelled in the past behind an A4.

Learn something new everyday, but that will be good going from Edinburgh - Inverkiething! I was thinking about going to Haymarket tomorrow, best do Waverley.

michael769

Established Member
I work beside Waverley and heard the whistle and managed to catch a glimpse of her emerging from the station. There were huge clouds of smoke pouring out from under the roof and through the scaffolding at the station wall, looked almost like the whole station was on fire.

I'll try to pop down to the station tomorrow morning and catch her as she heads back down South.

PaulLothian

Small grandson was ecstatic to see it passing Brunstane on its way out, and it brought the meeting I was attending in Linlithgow to a sudden halt as it crept past on its return - all the members aged 50+ rushed to the windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.