• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A60/A62 Preservation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
One four car double ended unit only, it was thought that 5062 was the favourite but it is now looking like it will be 5116.

Chris125

Established Member
According to reports elsewhere two RAT units will be kept for rail adhesion purposes, with their interiors maintained for occasional 'heritage train' use.

Chris

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Yes, although the two RATs are apparently only around short term as they will be replaced with two D Stock RATs when the S Stock shove the Ds off the system as well.

I do wonder, though, about the length of the D Stock cars for that purpose - would that cause any problems or is the overall kinematic envelope the same as for the shorter but fatter A Stock?

Last edited:

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
The same way 92 stock is, i.e. badly with manual help needed from the driver (or in automated trains, the Train Captain etc)!

The Central only has a fraction of the leaf problems the Met has. Not sure I'd be too keen to be in the leading car of an automated train heading South towards Chorleywood in a bad mulch year.

Status
Not open for further replies.