• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abandond stations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where i can find ardrosson north and ardrosson wigton pier abandoned stations i am eager to snap a few shots for my college project

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chris999999

Does anyone know where i can find ardrosson north and ardrosson wigton pier abandoned stations i am eager to snap a few shots for my college project
There are Wikipedia entries for both these stations (though the second is Winton, not Wigton), and both these entries include both coordinates and OS Map references, and details of what remains of them, so they should be easy for you to find.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
It's Ardrossan North (Closed January 1932?) and Ardrossan Winton Pier. (Closed January 1987) that you are looking for.

As Chris999999 points out, Wikipedia is your friend.

If looking for old photos, don't forget that both these now closed stations would have had name changes over the years.

Ardrossan Winton Pier was previously known as Ardrossan Pier prior to 1924.

Ardrossan North previously known as Ardrossan Town before 1924 (there's been more than one) and before that Ardrossan.

Last edited:

delt1c

Established Member
Not sure if it is the same station, but I remember in the 70,s walking an abandoned line from Stevenson to Ardrossan and coming across at least 1 possibly 2 disused stations with platforms ( no buildings). I f memory is correct I seem to remember also a bricked up tunnel. It was a long time ago and memory becomes hazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.