• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abandoned class 86 at crewe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hstmatt

Hello, yesterday while me and my freind were traveling from crewe to stoke on trent we went behind the crewe lnwr depot and at the back i saw to class 86s one in freightliner green,and one in freightliner grey both shells left without bogies,and missing glass ad headlights.Does anyone know how long these have been there for? I also saw a class 90 in freightliner gray livery with tape over its drivers door i think it was 90042 which caught fire.Does anyone also know what other locos are left there and are out of use.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
The 86s will have been 86633 and 86635, which have been out of use since 2005/6ish I think.

Network Rail yellow liveried 86424 and NSE liveried 86401 are also stored there. I think 86621 is stored in the vicinity as well, either at the LNWR depot or over the other side at Basford Hall, after it expired earlier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.