• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia Class 755s (Regional Trains)

Adrian1980uk

I guess it proves what an asset the 755s are, can add capacity almost anywhere on the network, as much as I've been critical of the 745 order (qty wise), the fact that GA spec'd tables and comfortable seats (well as comfortable as they get on new stock) has saved blushes on the intercity routes and enabled regional routes to increase passenger numbers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trebor79

Established Member
Went to London by train for the first time in ages. 745/0 both ways. Why have some of the luggage racks been removed? It looks most peculiar and with no rhyme not reason to which ones are removed. For example on the train home we were sat at the raised bay of 4 tables next to one of the "dummy cabs". 3 of the overhead racks had been removed leaving just 1.

dk1

Veteran Member
Went to London by train for the first time in ages. 745/0 both ways. Why have some of the luggage racks been removed? It looks most peculiar and with no rhyme not reason to which ones are removed. For example on the train home we were sat at the raised bay of 4 tables next to one of the "dummy cabs". 3 of the overhead racks had been removed leaving just 1.

They have been smashed by people getting up and knocking there heads etc.

Often passengers (& some staff) not only get up and collide with the overhead racks in raised areas but then fall off the step as they gather themselves :lol:

trebor79

Established Member

Often passengers (& some staff) not only get up and collide with the overhead racks in raised areas but then fall off the step as they gather themselves :lol:
Crikey! They must have really clobbered themselves to smash toughened glass! Hopefully they get replaced.

Trainbike46

Established Member

Crikey! They must have really clobbered themselves to smash toughened glass! Hopefully they get replaced.
Or maybe, if it is common for people to hit their heads on overhead luggage racks above raised seats it is better to not have them there?

dk1

Veteran Member
Or maybe, if it is common for people to hit their heads on overhead luggage racks above raised seats it is better to not have them there?

We did always say that but nobody listens.

I don’t really understand why they are there as it’s an accident waiting to happen again & again.

Adrian1980uk

We did always say that but nobody listens.

I don’t really understand why they are there as it’s an accident waiting to happen again & again.
Strangely enough I only noticed the luggage rack removed on the Stansted unit I travelled on the other week, I've never noticed it on an IC and tbh generally sitting on the raised seats I never noticed that could be an issue

dk1

Veteran Member
Strangely enough I only noticed the luggage rack removed on the Stansted unit I travelled on the other week, I've never noticed it on an IC and tbh generally sitting on the raised seats I never noticed that could be an issue

There have been several incidents across the entire fleet 755s included.

trebor79

Established Member
There have been several incidents across the entire fleet 755s included.
I did notice the new window stickers on the raised section s warning about the step down/up.

Still think they are great trains!

dk1

Veteran Member
I did notice the new window stickers on the raised section s warning about the step down/up.

Still think they are great trains!
Oh yes they are superb trains. Funny really as when new stickers where exactly what they didn't want to the point poor 1st class signage had standard class passengers not realising they where in the wrong accommodation.