• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia Class 755s (Regional Trains)

cambsy

On Moderation
Do the 755’s if correct, now operate Cambridge-Norwich, Norwich-Sheringham, Norwich-Gt Yarmouth, Norwich-Lowestoft, Lowestoft-Ipswich? Have they started on Ipswich-Cambridge yet? What times are they operating on these lines apart from Cambridge-Norwich as know they operate most of the services on this line.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railperf

Established Member
Is there any good reason why why drivers from all depots were not trained up on the Stadlers before now?

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
I’ve only just noticed that the 745s and 755s have different liveries!!!

The 755 is all over grey with a white zigzag along the bottom and red doors.

The 745 is the inverse! All over white with a grey zigzag along the bottom! Also red doors.

jopsuk

Veteran Member

The 745 is the inverse! All over white with a grey zigzag along the bottom! Also red doors.
This has been the case some some of the earlier renders

Established Member
Is there any good reason why why drivers from all depots were not trained up on the Stadlers before now?

There are only so many instructors to do the training to start with. And there is still a railway to run, you can’t just release lots of people to go training at the same time. Do too many drivers and guards too soon and they’ll start to require refreshers, which apart from giving crews an early appreciation of the units can be counter productive. It does take time to train, at a rough estimate, some 400 people.

In addition there is the whole approvals process and maintenance regimes for the units themselves. There really is a lot more to all this than meets the eye.

samuelmorris

Established Member

I don't see it? They both look the same livery to me...

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
I take no responsibility for these pictures they are not mine, taken from Google Images, but here is a picture of a 745 and a 755 in the same location. Here, the difference is clear.

9FB5B326-360E-461F-B10B-B1BD7EE2978B.jpeg 18751E75-2E20-4E7F-8E57-56D95DE6D7D5.jpeg

ashkeba

Established Member
Well I would have, based on the liveries. I just did!
From any angle you'd see the length of the train. From front-on you'd see the unit number. Seems an odd choice.
Not so much odd as true to form - many passengers over here in Cambridge feel that Norwich-Ipswich-London get the shiny new stuff while we on Norwich-Cambridge get the dirty old stuff and dull grey new stuff that won't get washed as much. ;)

Carlgoss

412 operating the first Bi-mode from Ipswich to Felixstowe at 06.04 this morning with just the odd complaint about seats being a bit hard. At least they got one I say.

Railperf

Established Member
Not so much odd as true to form - many passengers over here in Cambridge feel that Norwich-Ipswich-London get the shiny new stuff while we on Norwich-Cambridge get the dirty old stuff and dull grey new stuff that won't get washed as much. ;)
There are plenty of South Essex commuters who feel their season tickets pay for the rural lines and are even more disgruntled that they are riding around on clapped out slow draughty and uncomfortable 321's while Suffolk and Norfolk rural users enjoy shiny new trains.

smsm1

There are plenty of South Essex commuters who feel their season tickets pay for the rural lines and are even more disgruntled that they are riding around on clapped out slow draughty and uncomfortable 321's while Suffolk and Norfolk rural users enjoy shiny new trains.
At least they mostly have a more frequent service than once an hour, and tend not to have to wait an hour or more for the next train, like many of the rural lines.

dk1

Veteran Member
Gosh it must be draining to be so angry & bitter all the time.

eastdyke

Established Member
If only GA could send a couple of 'spare' Dogboxes vice a 321!!!!

It seemed strange looking at the boards at Ipswich today to see Felixstowe services were formed of four coaches. Not quite beating the 2+3 101 I saw in the late eighties on that line.

The advantage of only the Felixstowe line around Ipswich being cleared for passenger use is that their unit can't be used anywhere else in the event of a failure at this present time.

Class 170101

Established Member
Do the 755’s if correct, now operate Cambridge-Norwich, Norwich-Sheringham, Norwich-Gt Yarmouth, Norwich-Lowestoft, Lowestoft-Ipswich? Have they started on Ipswich-Cambridge yet? What times are they operating on these lines apart from Cambridge-Norwich as know they operate most of the services on this line.

No Class 755s between Ipswich and Lowestoft / Cambridge and Peterborough but all other routes see Class 755 operation.

In addition Ipswich to Felixstowe has started Class 755 operation today.

dk1

Veteran Member
East Suffolk Line hopefully next week followed closely by Ipswich-Cambridge. Still ASDO issues surrounding Kennett & Elmswell and I think Manea is proving troublesome thus preventing Peterborough joining in just yet.

eastdyke

Established Member
East Suffolk Line hopefully next week followed closely by Ipswich-Cambridge. Still ASDO issues surrounding Kennett & Elmswell and I think Manea is proving troublesome thus preventing Peterborough joining in just yet.
Thank you, excellent, more :cake:.
Cue upcoming threads:
Which diagrams will be operated by class xxx* please?
[*Insert 153,156,158,170 as required]

dk1

Veteran Member
Thank you, excellent, more :cake:.
Cue upcoming threads:
Which diagrams will be operated by class xxx* please?
[*Insert 153,156,158,170 as required]
Haha I'll duck out of that one. Good to see Suffolk getting the treatment at last. Not been a pleasant few months.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
even with the delays, at this rate the 755s will complete introduction before the 745s carry a paying passenger. Which in turn will be at 100% introduction before the 720s enter service.

Class 170101

Established Member

Can't they use Local Door operation to solve these stations in the short term?

delticdave

Gosh it must be draining to be so angry & bitter all the time.

That's a bit harsh, IMVHO. If I'm going into London, I have 2 choices, 357's from Upminster or 321's from one of the local stations.
I always choose the 357 option even though it entails a longer drive from home, because the 321's are sooo noisy & uncomfortable.
I've also returned home from Norwich on the 1930 to Liv. St, changing to a 360 at Colchester & I know which emu is "nicer!" at 100 mph.
I've had one ride in a Renatus 321 on the last evg. through train to Southminster, much quieter except in the motor car, but still the 'orrible seats. It's like sitting on the floor!
FWIW, the most comfortable seat of the day is in my trusty Skoda......