• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia Class 755s (Regional Trains)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
A 755/3 ran the 09:00 ex-NRW and 11:30 ex-LST two days ago, captured here:
Would've wanted to be on that one, but that would just be selfish and irresponsible in these times I think.
Only as far as Colchester where passengers changed to a pair of 360s. 755s still not passed south of Mark's Tey. Wouldve been no different to a 745/1 except it has tables.

RailWonderer

Established Member
Only as far as Colchester where passengers changed to a pair of 360s. 755s still not passed south of Mark's Tey. Wouldve been no different to a 745/1 except it has tables.
Thanks for the info but how come a 755/3 was allowed into LST to haul a 745 then, are they cleared but not passed for passenger service?

dk1

Veteran Member
Thanks for the info but how come a 755/3 was allowed into LST to haul a 745 then, are they cleared but not passed for passenger service?
I would imagine that would be the reason. No problem of social distancing. Highest load I've had anytime of late at any point of the route has been 37. The 09:00 Norwich-Colchester & 12:23 return would have struggled to reach such heavy loadings ;)

Rick1984

Any rise in passenger numbers today?
I'll be traveling back Monday from Yarmouth to Pompey and wondering how much busier it might be

Midnight Sun

Travelling on the 8.08am from March to Ely for the last seven weeks has been a delight. In other words a private train for one.

Rick1984

Agree it's been great and you can spread yourself across a table as a solo without feeling guilty.
So hopefully another quiet journey coming

170TurboFan

There is a 755/3 working the bittern line than makes an awful sounds from the fans, higher pitched and a good 10x louder than any other unit. I know it's been reported to GA.
334 was still loud this morning with the driver shutting the engines down during the longer turnaround on the 0631 out of Sheringham. The racket when the engines were restarted through from the fans, the elderly people of the town probably thought world war 3 was starting.

St. Paddy

755338 visited Hornsey depot yesterday in a trial run for future wheel lathe requirements

Attachments

• 7EFE2DF1-67D9-4DFF-89EA-504E4299A1E3.jpeg
    7EFE2DF1-67D9-4DFF-89EA-504E4299A1E3.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 131

causton

Established Member

Domh245

Established Member
Tanks for interesting report. Q?, how did it get there, via Cambridge & Hitchin?

GEML to Stratford and then across on the NLL (and v.v.)

superjohn

755407 was sat on the line „DN TM“ just outside Stratford just now (1315 3/7). I had a quick glance at RTT but I couldn’t see an obvious working for it.

Mikey C

Established Member
Electric whenever possible.
Good to hear

As a layman it would seem obvious to use electric mode as much as possible, but from this site it never seems to be that simple in real life!

LAX54

Established Member
Good to hear

As a layman it would seem obvious to use electric mode as much as possible, but from this site it never seems to be that simple in real life!

Think some even try electric when there isn't any ! lol

Shunter_69

A few have their pan’s isolated. The changeover is generally done in stations otherwise you have to stop on the mainline whilst you do it.

Railperf

Established Member
A few have their pan’s isolated. The changeover is generally done in stations otherwise you have to stop on the mainline whilst you do it.
Yes..329 had its pan isolated recently. Interesting to see how it performed on diesel between Ipswich and Colchester!

Abbo

Much has been written on the travels of 755s south of Marks Tey as ECS and they are banned for passenger service. I did hear there was a gauging issue with power pack in the London area but if OK for ECS...........................does anyone know the real / official reason for the 'ban' ?

Railperf

Established Member
For a start - they are not needed - more than enough spare 745's and 321's to deputise - and the ultimate plan was to use them for Lowestoft through services to London (currently on hold). Might just be a paperwork issue. But if there's no rush to use them..why spend the time clearing them - when there is a fleet of 720's needing to be tested and introduced?

LAX54

Established Member
For a start - they are not needed - more than enough spare 745's and 321's to deputise - and the ultimate plan was to use them for Lowestoft through services to London (currently on hold). Might just be a paperwork issue. But if there's no rush to use them..why spend the time clearing them - when there is a fleet of 720's needing to be tested and introduced?
Does seem a bit odd they can run as ECS, but not in Passenger service tho

trebor79

Established Member
How odd, a 755 is much shorter than a 745, so I can't see any situation where ASDO would be needed.
I thought those issues were sorted, I remember for a time Manea etc weren't being called at.

delticdave

GEML to Stratford and then across on the NLL (and v.v.)

Thanks for the info, it seems to have been running quite late in the morning, but the afternoon trip back departed & arrived early.
Home in time for tea?

Established Member
Thanks for the info, it seems to have been running quite late in the morning, but the afternoon trip back departed & arrived early.
Home in time for tea?

Not surprising as the up path is foul of the 09.00 Norwich to Liverpool St before it even gets going.
Someone must have guessed those timings.

Railperf

Established Member
How odd, a 755 is much shorter than a 745, so I can't see any situation where ASDO would be needed.
I thought those issues were sorted, I remember for a time Manea etc weren't being called at.
I have it on good authority there were no ASDO issues at Manea - despite claims otherwise.