• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia Class 755s (Regional Trains)

LowLevel

Established Member
Should a number of the 156s be operational on EMR tomorrow? How many are left? Or will we have to put up with the 153s a little longer?

Expect the 153s until the end of the year I think , there are some short term planning diagrams apparently for the next week at least for single units.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

smsm1

Expect the 153s until the end of the year I think , there are some short term planning diagrams apparently for the next week at least for single units.
I thought all the 153s had left Greater Anglia already.

Failed Unit

Established Member
I thought all the 153s had left Greater Anglia already.

they have. But the 156s were going to EMR to prevent solo 153 operations.

Have any 156s gone yet? I think the plan may always be that the 156s were all gone at end of the year rather than the timetable change. My understanding is greater anglia don’t need them. Or at least wouldn’t if they fully functional 755s.

Really hard to keep to be honest.

Abbo

No checking in service now. All resolved.
Great News.

A quick look at Norwich live departure boards would look like a good service operating on all lines ( also looked at Darsham = 100% ) except Cromer (50%) and Sheringham (NIL). Has anybody any idea when the Bittern Line problem may be resolved and Sheringham might see a train again. Wife won't go to Norwich on a bus !

they have. But the 156s were going to EMR to prevent solo 153 operations.

Have any 156s gone yet? I think the plan may always be that the 156s were all gone at end of the year rather than the timetable change. My understanding is greater anglia don’t need them. Or at least wouldn’t if they fully functional 755s.

Really hard to keep to be honest.

As far as I know two have left, 409 & 416 if I remember rightly

Class 170101

Established Member
I think Platform 3 at Stansted Airport will not be double booked on Sundays for most of the day looking at the timetable.

dk1

Veteran Member
So - will the same apply to the Ips - Cambridge at Stowmarket from now on - if it work's at Ely should work at Stowmarket.
Not seen anything on that yet. Diagrams are advising drivers to 'select electric mode' for certain journey portions but up until yesterday all pans where isolated.

F Great Eastern

Established Member
This morning still quite a few cancellations.

Being announced as fault with signalling system non rather than signalling problems. Same on journeycheck.

TheBigD

Established Member
Still nothing running on the Ipswich-Peterborough route. Wonder if we'll see anything run on this route before the new year?

LAX54

Established Member
This morning still quite a few cancellations.

Being announced as fault with signalling system non rather than signalling problems. Same on journeycheck.
Maybe someone thought changing the words would throw a sort of curve ball ! cant see anything on log about 'problems/fault'

Alfie1014

Still nothing running on the Ipswich-Peterborough route. Wonder if we'll see anything run on this route before the new year?
l

Which is especially unfortunate as this time of the year with passengers making long distance journeys on the run up to Christmas and the EMR service has been far from reliable of late. Good job that over the holiday period the main line to London is open except weekends and New Years Day, though of course they are not offering this as an alternate routing.

eastdyke

Established Member
Which is especially unfortunate as this time of the year with passengers making long distance journeys on the run up to Christmas and the EMR service has been far from reliable of late. Good job that over the holiday period the main line to London is open except weekends and New Years Day, though of course they are not offering this as an alternate routing.
I have to do Peterborough-Ipswich tomorrow to 'complete my journey'. So its EMR to Norwich, see all those shiny Stadlers at CP, see the progress of works at Victoria Sidings and [probably not] my last trip behind a Class 90 :)
Will need to be careful to time my return to reach Peterborough for 21.53 departure north :!:

Abbo

Understand the problem between Ely and Peterborough is infrastructure gauging issue in the Manea area rather than a unit problem. Perhaps this be confirmed ?

TheBigD

Established Member
Understand the problem between Ely and Peterborough is infrastructure gauging issue in the Manea area rather than a unit problem. Perhaps this be confirmed ?

A couple of 755 have been to Peterborough on test. Manea box is one of the boxes I operate and the signallers have not been advised of any gauging issue or any other operating restriction.

eastdyke

Established Member
@dk1 has mentioned Manea, possibly issues with the stopping postion?
On GA website the mix n match reason for no service today is:
Due to signalling problems disruption is expected until further notice.
Yesterday it mentioned shortage of trains due to signalling problems.

Abbo

A couple of 755 have been to Peterborough on test. Manea box is one of the boxes I operate and the signallers have not been advised of any gauging issue or any other operating restriction.
Ah thanks. There must be a reason which will no doubt became apparent in time why this AGA service has been temporarily ( hopefully ) been abandoned.

Shunter_69

Possibly also linked to a lack of trained drivers and accepted units. Training was stopped for a few days due the issues with track circuits.

chubs

Agreed.

Got a few Stansted trips planned next year and really looking forward to this.

trebor79

Established Member
Indeed. Will be my first choice for airport travel in the future. Amazing to be able to get a direct train to Stansted from my local rural station.

LAX54

Established Member
Tuesday night::::: Test trip with a 755 on the Sudbury, 2355 ex Marks Tey for first run.