• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia Class 755s (Regional Trains)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastdyke

Established Member
Flirt doesn’t want to work today, it’s broke after a few shunts yesterday
Either:
a) it's lonely in this 'foreign' land - solution get the second unit over pronto
b) it's out of diesel (they didn't fill the (very small) tank for delivery)
c) it's out of AdBlue (they didn't fill the (very very small) tank for delivery)
d) it doesn't like the damp around CP
e) something else ..... ?

Grumbler

Either:
a) it's lonely in this 'foreign' land - solution get the second unit over pronto
b) it's out of diesel (they didn't fill the (very small) tank for delivery)
c) it's out of AdBlue (they didn't fill the (very very small) tank for delivery)
d) it doesn't like the damp around CP
e) something else ..... ?
Wrong type of electricity?

dp21

405 is in the shed now. Believe 407 is due Thurs as above, 406 and 408 due next week if all goes to plan.

Established Member
Tell me about one Stadler product that doesn’t work as required...
I’m not sure if this is a serious post so ignore if it wasn’t, but PKP for one have an entire part of their website that gives near daily updates on trains being formed of classic stock vice non-available flirt.

Oh and in unfortunate timing, Eurobahn have had to resort to hired in bangers this week too due to broken flirts!

F Great Eastern

Established Member
I’m not sure if this is a serious post so ignore if it wasn’t, but PKP for one have an entire part of their website that gives near daily updates on trains being formed of classic stock vice non-available flirt.

Does it actually say they are Flirts directly, because when I saw a page before it just referred to units being replaced by loco hauled stock and remember they also have that abomination that is the PESA Dart.

Established Member
Does it actually say they are Flirts directly, because when I saw a page before it just referred to units being replaced by loco hauled stock and remember they also have that abomination that is the PESA Dart.
Definitely regularly flirts as well as the pesa things. Sunday (busiest day so good picture) has two vice, one short form flirt and two pesa vice.

On Moderation
Definitely regularly flirts as well as the pesa things. Sunday (busiest day so good picture) has two vice, one short form flirt and two pesa vice.
Given that there are hundreds of Stadler units in reliable service all round Europe, the PKP issues would tend to point towards poor maintenance rather than anything else.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Given that there are hundreds of Stadler units in reliable service all round Europe, the PKP issues would tend to point towards poor maintenance rather than anything else.

One suspects they are not used to the kind of kit you don't just maintain using a hammer and a spanner. It's a big culture change for a railway mostly using classic LHCS.

Grumbler

One suspects they are not used to the kind of kit you don't just maintain using a hammer and a spanner. It's a big culture change for a railway mostly using classic LHCS.
Who will be responsible for maintaining the trains at Crown Point - Abellio or Stadler?