• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia Class 755s (Regional Trains)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railperf

Established Member
The Nin90 service: At Ipswich it says 'doors close 60 seconds before train departure', to ensure an on time get away, the NiN90 arrives at 0933 and departs at 0933 (although WTT is 0932-0933), so how's that going to work then ? :)
A decent driver will bring it into Ipswich at 9:30-9:31:lol:

whhistle

On Moderation
The comparative lack of doors will be an issue with dwell times a certain stations.
You seem to know the future.
Can you tell me next weeks lottery numbers?

Wider doors could mean (after a period of learning) that more people can board/alight at the same time.
But if there's an extra 30 seconds at certain stations, it probably won't make that much of a difference.

Not sure what people are trying to say when they bring this up.
What is the expected answer or what it brings to the conversation?

Person 1: One set of doors.
Person 2: Oh yeah.
/ end of conversation.

dk1

Veteran Member
Confirmed today that Victoria sidings (Trowse) will be open before Christmas. Will have all the mod cons Inc lighting, safe walkways & be secure. Four full length Flirts will be accommodated here & OHL installed throughout.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Presumably using those siding will mean an increase in ECS across the bridge

Class 170101

Established Member
Presumably using those siding will mean an increase in ECS across the bridge

Unless there is a signal to reverse behind between the Swingbridge and the entrance to Victorai Sidings then the next move will be to either Norwich Station area or via Wensum Curve.

dk1

Veteran Member
Unless there is a signal to reverse behind between the Swingbridge and the entrance to Victorai Sidings then the next move will be to either Norwich Station area or via Wensum Curve.
There is. Down Main reverse will allow a train to leave Victoria sdgs then stop when clear crossing over on Lakenham bank to the Up main to Diss a normal signalled move from Norwich. This option is not available to the Thetford route however.

Midnight Sun

For one thing, there's no vestibules, so the saloon is going to be flooded with hot/cold air at every stop. I think that's a retrograde step for an inter city service. But perhaps it won't turn out to be such a problem in practice.

Having travelled on the MTR Stockholm-Gothenburg express in Mid-Winter, I have noted little change when the doors are open. But then people do close the doors after use. Futhermore the ride at 125mph is very smooth, far better than the ride I had on a class 800.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Having travelled on the MTR Stockholm-Gothenburg express in Mid-Winter, I have noted little change when the doors are open. But then people do close the doors after use. Futhermore the ride at 125mph is very smooth, far better than the ride I had on a class 800.
The ride may also be related to the track quality which on main lines is often to a higher standard in mainland Europe.

stadlerflirt

Does anyone know for certain if the Norwich in 90 services on the week beginning 20/05 will be 745s? I know RealTimeTrains says they will be but wondering if anyone knows otherwise

fat_boy_pete

No reservations on new trains to capital for up to six months

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/new...ia-s-policy-on-no-seat-reservations-1-6028117

Makes sense but I'm sure it will upset some people.

It also suggests there is no way to diagram those rumoured 2 remaining mk3 rakes, unless they operate without seat reservations.

More to point, this change comes in on July 12th for 6 months. This suggests the change over between mk 3's and 745 (or 755 pairs) is planned between then and the December timetable change for the inter city service. Fit's in with needing to replace all the mk 3's by the end of 2019 for compliance reasons.

No chance with the 321's though, so presumably an extension for them and possibly the 317's

chubs

Does anyone know for certain if the Norwich in 90 services on the week beginning 20/05 will be 745s? I know RealTimeTrains says they will be but wondering if anyone knows otherwise

I don't think they were ever going to be 745 from the posts on here by those in the know.

Initially was meant to be 755 with no buffet or first but now more likely to be mk3's or whatever 317/321 they can rustle up. I think someone said a short mk3 rake the other day but as there aren't enough mk3's to even run a normal service right now....

LAX54

Established Member

'The' 745 is not 'ours' it's for the WA, the Nin90 start up I am advised will be a DVT set (full) but the regular services may well be 321's on a few services.

the class 365

The ride may also be related to the track quality which on main lines is often to a higher standard in mainland Europe.
Also you have to take in account the age of the tracks the 800s are running on, the east and west which are some of the oldest pieces of track in use, so they will inherently be bumpy

Last edited by a moderator:

Shunter_69

Another couple of Bi-modes delivered this morning. Saw them whizz through Marks Tey as I arrived from Sudbury.

cactustwirly

Established Member
also you have to take in account the age of the tracts the 800s are running on, the east and west which are some of the oldest pieces of track ion use so they will inherantly be bumpy

But the ride quality of the 800s is worse than the Mk3s they replaced

Trainfan344

Established Member
The 755 will be running to cambridge on the Norwich to Stansted service and the Ipswich to cambridge service

jopsuk

Veteran Member
would the flirt be running up to cambridge and kings lynn,
Once the fleet introduction is all done, it'll be very simple for Greater Anglia services:

Everything that operates at all off the wires will be class 755
The Stansted Express will be dedicated Class 745 with no 1st, no catering and no bike spaces
Norwich Express will be 745s with 1st, catering and bike spaces
Everything else will be Class 720 Aventras- 1x5 car (equivalent to 6 car of todays stock), 2x5car (12 car equiv) or 10 car (12 car equiv)

MrPIC

I heard there'll be a few airports then all the norwiches and then the remaining airports. At this point however I think for us not in the know people it's just wait and see what shows up!

dk1

Veteran Member
Once the fleet introduction is all done, it'll be very simple for Greater Anglia services:

Everything that operates at all off the wires will be class 755
The Stansted Express will be dedicated Class 745 with no 1st, no catering and no bike spaces
Norwich Express will be 745s with 1st, catering and bike spaces
Everything else will be Class 720 Aventras- 1x5 car (equivalent to 6 car of todays stock), 2x5car (12 car equiv) or 10 car (12 car equiv)
Although the first 745/1 Stansted unit has cycle area indicated on the outer body side.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I still think they were mad for not ordering all the 745s the same for operational flexibility. I'm sure they could have peddled cheap First Class upgrades to Stansted for a fiver a go, say, it's little different from paying Ryanair more for legroom and plenty do that.

I predict that at first refurb they will be made the same.

the class 365

I still think they were mad for not ordering all the 745s the same for operational flexibility. I'm sure they could have peddled cheap First Class upgrades to Stansted for a fiver a go, say, it's little different from paying Ryanair more for legroom and plenty do that.

I predict that at first refurb they will be made the same.
I doubt that as the current electrostars on stanstead express dont have first class

Scottychoo

They certainly do have first class , maybe check your facts before posting ilinformed and incorrect statements.