• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia Class 755s (Regional Trains)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LAX54

Established Member
Norwich in just under 94. Not quite the same marketing phrase. 8-)

we did our best, but the delays with 1N88 at Liverpool Street, sealed it's fate, although it left to time, caught up with the late runners. had it not caught 1A94 and 1Y36 would have done the 90 run, all was good until Witham !

fat_boy_pete

we did our best, but the delays with 1N88 at Liverpool Street, sealed it's fate, although it left to time, caught up with the late runners. had it not caught 1A94 and 1Y36 would have done the 90 run, all was good until Witham !

I am sure. Let's see how the timetable settles down over the next few weeks.

dk1

Veteran Member
What stock ran the 11:02, and any other displaced diagrams that the Nin90 set ran?
The normal IC set that works the 08:30 ex-Norwich (previously the 11:00 down) & then continues as usual with the 13:30 up.

dk1

Veteran Member
Of course you boys & girls did your best. We never doubt you. Can't perform miracles though :wub:

LAX54

Established Member
Of course you boys & girls did your best. We never doubt you. Can't perform miracles though :wub:
even P56 went over at Diss to allow a fast run, and a bit of catch-up, mind you that won't happen everyday ! lol

Panupreset

What platform at Witham does 1A94 use now? 3 or 4. Does 1Y34 now go into 1 at Colchester vice 2?

I expect there will be some fairly terse ‘please explains’ coming out this morning for the delays.

dk1

Veteran Member
What platform at Witham does 1A94 use now? 3 or 4. Does 1Y34 now go into 1 at Colchester vice 2?

I expect there will be some fairly terse ‘please explains’ coming out this morning for the delays.
Do you mean against particular crew/station staff for any delays that where caused to 9P91/2 or because trains where delayed to allow its smooth passage?

chubs

GA are clearly between a rock and a hard place. It was important to them to get the Ni90 inaugurated on schedule.
But they don't actually need any further incentives to get the new stock commissioned do they? :smile:

Whilst this am the Ni90's seem to have run to time, the pm runs have both had issues with late running trains ahead. Nothing to do with the stock of course.

It was important to a certain Norwich MP that it happened. I'm not against it per se but would rather it had been as a gradual implementation along with the new trains and other franchise commitments.

chubs

The normal IC set that works the 08:30 ex-Norwich (previously the 11:00 down) & then continues as usual with the 13:30 up.

So nothing had to be worked by multiple units that would normally have been an IC set as a direct result of these Nin90 diagrams? If so that's good!

dk1

Veteran Member
So nothing had to be worked by multiple units that would normally have been an IC set as a direct result of these Nin90 diagrams? If so that's good!
Apart from the age old substitution on the 0625/1130/1630dn & 0903/1400 /2200up. These have been made semi-permanent until the 745/0s are introduced or 755s take over the 90min schedules.

ashkeba

Established Member
It was important to a certain Norwich MP that it happened. I'm not against it per se but would rather it had been as a gradual implementation along with the new trains and other franchise commitments.
Cynic! Surely it's a complete coincidence that a Conservative MP's campaign commitment is delivered in a blaze of BBC coverage three days before an election?

Rick1984

There was a Flirt in other platform as we came in from Norwich on class 37 set. Made a great contrast between old and new.

Quite a few in Norwich including the new sidings at Crown Point.

It's lucky no one cares what the guard thinks then isn't it? ;)
:rolleyes::lol:

Won't be happening on the regular though seeing as it put 10 minutes into the 2000 up and 5 into the 2038 Yarmouth. Alongside the 13 for P56 that's the best part of 30 delay minutes to gain the Nin90 two at best.

chubs

Apart from the age old substitution on the 0625/1130/1630dn & 0903/1400 /2200up. These have been made semi-permanent until the 745/0s are introduced or 755s take over the 90min schedules.

Presumably the 90 min diagrams will be 745 operated in the long term? Seems a waste to use 755s?

fat_boy_pete

dk1

Veteran Member
Presumably the 90 min diagrams will be 745 operated in the long term? Seems a waste to use 755s?
I don't think there will be enough 745s & the 90min trains are not planned to have catering long term although that may change. Too many 755s for all local work & remember they are working through off the East Suffolk. Will no doubt cover commuter work as well.

fat_boy_pete

I don't think there will be enough 745s & the 90min trains are not planned to have catering long term although that may change. Too many 755s for all local work & remember they are working through off the East Suffolk. Will no doubt cover commuter work as well.

I'll have a small wager the Sudbury 755/3 unit will cross over with a 755/3 on the Harwich-Manningtree shuttle in the early afternoon every day, to avoid having to refuel the former during the day. e.g. each unit spends half the day under the wires. Releases a 720/5 from covering the latter diagram too, which anyway won't fit in the Manningtree bay without infrastructure work, which conveniently could also be avoided being done as a result.

Save money and better stock utilisation. Trebles all round. :cake::D

dk1

Veteran Member
I'll have a small wager the Sudbury 755/3 unit will cross over with a 755/3 on the Harwich-Manningtree shuttle in the early afternoon every day, to avoid having to refuel the former during the day. e.g. each unit spends half the day under the wires. Releases a 720/5 from covering the latter diagram too, which anyway won't fit in the Manningtree bay without infrastructure work, which conveniently could also be avoided being done as a result.

Save money and better stock utilisation. Trebles all round. :cake::D
Excellent idea. I might email that to train planning & receive some love to shop vouchers haha. Only kidding ;)

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Apparently the Norwich in 90 train will get first dibs on the stock allocation according to Roger French and a few other people on twitter. They will put the best rake and locos on that train when allocating at the start of the day.

Does seem a bit like everyone else is second class citizens, I'd also be worried that there is huge overcapacity on those services as well - there wasn't enough to fill more than a carriage on the northbound 1100am journey on Monday I'm told.

The problem with these services being extra is that you're likely to have two trains with plenty of space now rather than one well loaded one. We'll have to see how it holds up though but I don't see how a 10 car FLIRT to Norwich in 90 followed by another 10 car 2 minutes later is sensible use of capacity.

Last edited: