• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia Class 755s (Regional Trains)

trebor79

Established Member
The EADT are reporting that GA have said that the 755s will enter service at the end of next month https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/24-new-greater-anglia-trains-arrive-1-6147956 with the class 745s in service by the autumn.

“Greater Anglia is has now taken delivery of 24 of its new trains from Swiss company Stadler - and the first are expected to enter passenger-carrying service from the end of next month.”

Time I made the effort to take a ride on the 37 + MK2 set before it's too late.
Will also be looking to try out the new trains as soon as possible. They look great.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Carlgoss

I notice things are 'heating up' for the new trains. As well as the diagrams now showing the new sets, seat reservations have been stopped (to avoid confusion apparently) and certain intercity diagrams are being run with EMUs ( to ensure reliability over transition period apparently) The GSM-R radio signal signs are up on all the platforms (currently covered up) and every morning this week a four car set of 755 sits just off platform one at Norwich with several hi-vis wearing people on them, looking like it's raring to go.

chubs

I notice things are 'heating up' for the new trains. As well as the diagrams now showing the new sets, seat reservations have been stopped (to avoid confusion apparently) and certain intercity diagrams are being run with EMUs ( to ensure reliability over transition period apparently) The GSM-R radio signal signs are up on all the platforms (currently covered up) and every morning this week a four car set of 755 sits just off platform one at Norwich with several hi-vis wearing people on them, looking like it's raring to go.

Seat Reservations were stopped a couple of months ago. The EMU's are covering as GA doesn't have enough working 90's/mk3's to run the service. As for storage they have to stick them wherever they can for now.

trebor79

Established Member
I don't think any diagrams for the new trains are in the public domain yet? Will be interesting to see where they first appear. I guess GA will be desperate to get rid of the 37s and hauled set, but they have a deadline to release the 170s.

ac6000cw

Established Member
Just noticed this at the north end of platform 1 at Ely - no 12 car 755s then?
IMG_20190710_193313.jpg

dk1

Veteran Member
I don't think any diagrams for the new trains are in the public domain yet? Will be interesting to see where they first appear. I guess GA will be desperate to get rid of the 37s and hauled set, but they have a deadline to release the 170s.
I have heard that the 170s will remain with GA longer than expected. Wales will have to wait.

anamyd

On Moderation
I have heard that the 170s will remain with GA longer than expected. Wales will have to wait.
The 170s are supposed to be going to TfW in October. If they do stay with GA past then, how long would that be for...?

dk1

Veteran Member
The 170s are supposed to be going to TfW in October. If they do stay with GA past then, how long would that be for...?
October might still be possible for most. I think the off lease target was earlier for the first but let's see. I'm sure TfW are expecting dates to slip as these things always do.

On Moderation
October might still be possible for most. I think the off lease target was earlier for the first but let's see. I'm sure TfW are expecting dates to slip as these things always do.
TfW will surely have to agree any slippage. Assuming they have a signed contract with Porterbrook with an agreed lease date, then that is contractually binding and they could say no to any GA extension.

dk1

Veteran Member
I would imagine there is always a clause.

Taylorgb19

I’m a new Member btw and how come it’s says class 745 at Ely I thought they do Stansted and intercity only?

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Thanks, so basically an easy identification for 8 car 700s then....
yes, special design for them. Not that in normal service Thameslink trains go north of Cambridge North; the markers go all the way up the Kings Lynn line though I think? Similarly, the Class 745s will not normally go north of Stansted on the West Anglia, but good to see that they're putting stop boards and presumably intend to test and get clearance all the way just in case.

Carlgoss

Thanks. It's just I noticed it referred to on the schedule below.. also noticed the 17.00 NIN is cancelled tonight again.. for the third day running!! Looks like the flagship has had it's masts blown off!! Of course it means they can limit compensation payments as everyone is forced onto the 17.03. 1700.jpg

samuelmorris

Established Member

LAX54

Established Member
Thanks. It's just I noticed it referred to on the schedule below.. also noticed the 17.00 NIN is cancelled tonight again.. for the third day running!! Looks like the flagship has had it's masts blown off!! Of course it means they can limit compensation payments as everyone is forced onto the 17.03. View attachment 65591

Nin90 are the first to be caped normally when there is disruption or loco shortages, as this train has the least impact on the travelling public.

Wivenswold

Established Member
So we are losing at lease one passenger-busting 10 car 720 to the West Side. Back when the plan was to get these in service in March 2019 there was mention that the 10 car trains would follow in April on Cambridge services. I hope we're getting a fair share of them over on the East Side. Sorry, off topic but worthy of note.

samuelmorris

Established Member
So we are losing at lease one passenger-busting 10 car 720 to the West Side. Back when the plan was to get these in service in March 2019 there was mention that the 10 car trains would follow in April on Cambridge services. I hope we're getting a fair share of them over on the East Side. Sorry, off topic but worthy of note.
I think the original idea was that was so that the non-PRM 317s could be ditched first. What happens when is presumably all up in the air with the considerable delay to the 720 deployment.

rdlover777

to make room at NCP for another delivery tomorrow morning, it’s been mentioned that Intercity 745005 is the unit arriving tomorrow.

but before when 745 002-4 arrived, they went straight into MNR Sidings, why now does 104 head there for 005's arrival?