• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia Trainee Drivers (Mainline and Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Abellio Greater Anglia Trainee Drivers.

Trainee Train Drivers- West Anglia Mainline: (http://apply.abelliogreateranglia.c..._anglia/operations_drivers/network_west_area/)

Business Area / Department Operations ~ Drivers
Type of Role Full time
Salary & Benefits TBC
Location(s) Network ~ West Area
Closing Date 28/12/2014

Trainee Train Drivers- West Anglia

Following an intensive training program, during which you will become technically competent to drive trains in a safe and punctual manner, you will then move to mainline driving according to the current agreed promotional structure. Any promotion will be dependant on successfully passing the required criteria for mainline driving. You will also develop the skills necessary to communicate effectively with both the control room and customers.

Able to work well on your own, you will be an excellent communicator, comfortable dealing with both customers and colleagues alike. An organised individual with excellent concentration and attention to detail, you will have the willingness to accept the high level of responsibility associated with this role and the ability to work effectively during times of disruption.

You will work an average of 35 hours per week, and shifts are over a 24 hour period. The role will involve early starts, late finishes, weekend and bank holiday working. In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer a competitive salary, company pension scheme, uniform and generous travel benefits.

As this is a safety critical role, there are minimum criteria which applicants must meet including passing a full train drivers assessment and interview.

Please note that you will not be permitted to take annual leave in the first six months of training.

Trainee Depot Drivers (Various Locations): (http://apply.abelliogreateranglia.c...rivers/operations_drivers/network_north_area/)

Business Area / Department Operations ~ Drivers
Type of Role Full time
Salary & Benefits TBC
Location(s) Network ~ North Area
Closing Date 28/12/2014

We are seeking applications from enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who are interested in a future opportunity to join our company.

Following an intensive training program, during which you will become technically competent to drive trains in a safe and punctual manner, you will then move to mainline driving according to the current agreed promotional structure. Any promotion will be dependent on successfully passing the required criteria for mainline driving. You will also develop the skills necessary to communicate effectively with both the control room and customers.

Able to work well on your own, you will be an excellent communicator, comfortable dealing with both customers and colleagues alike. An organised individual with excellent concentration and attention to detail, you will have the willingness to accept the high level of responsibility associated with this role and the ability to work effectively during times of disruption.

You will work an average of 35 hours per week, and shifts are over a 24 hour period. The role will involve early starts, late finishes, weekend and bank holiday working. In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer a competitive salary, company pension scheme, uniform and generous travel benefits.

As this is a safety critical role, there are minimum criteria which applicants must meet including passing a full train drivers assessment, structured interview and full company medical.

Please note that you will not be permitted to take annual leave in the first six months of training

Best of luck to all those applying, any questions I'm happy to help! :D

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lee Place

SPADTrap

Established Member
luck ran out..... :(
cant apply due to applying for a role previously even though didn't fail anything just couldn't make the assessment due to the birth of my son. think that's a bit unfair.

Might be worth giving them a call just to see if its the automated system knocking you back unnecessarily? Did you speak to them last time you applied?

leebuckley23

Might be worth giving them a call just to see if its the automated system knocking you back unnecessarily? Did you speak to them last time you applied?

I did yeah

yeah mate I just sent an email to the bloke I was in contact with last time to see if he can help
ill try calling during office hours tomorrow if I get a chance

what do you think?

it does say on there website you can apply for as many jobs as you like

SPADTrap

Established Member
I did yeah

yeah mate I just sent an email to the bloke I was in contact with last time to see if he can help
ill try calling during office hours tomorrow if I get a chance

what do you think?

it does say on there website you can apply for as many jobs as you like

I'm not sure about the finer details regarding how many roles you can apply for but I know the lot in HR are very helpful and won't have a problem answering the question for you, after all you can only ask!

Did you attempt to organise a different date, if that wasn't available did they say they'd keep you on hold? If you made the sift first time its a massive shame to lose out this time!

leebuckley23

I'm not sure about the finer details regarding how many roles you can apply for but I know the lot in HR are very helpful and won't have a problem answering the question for you, after all you can only ask!

Did you attempt to organise a different date, if that wasn't available did they say they'd keep you on hold? If you made the sift first time its a massive shame to lose out this time!

other dates were not unavailable

I know yeah and this job is less of a move for me to

I half regret applying last time now but I at least know I can make it to assessment

Gazbangor

Lee

If you apply using a different email address you will by pass the block and will allow you to apply again.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Lee

If you apply using a different email address you will by pass the block and will allow you to apply again.

If you can also change your name, address and national insurance number it will as his previous application was successful, not rejected initially by the system, IE the HR team have seen it. Best advice is to call them tomorrow, not worth that risk..is it? :)

Last edited:

leebuckley23

If you can also change your name, address and national insurance number it will as his previous application was successful, not rejected initially by the system, IE the HR team have seen it. Best advice is to call them tomorrow, not worth that risk..is it? :)

ill call them no point starting a job trying to pull the wool over there eyes

387star

On Moderation
presumably not as Greater Anglia recently advertised Chingford but used the LOROL site to process the application which is not the case on this occasion

leebuckley23

presumably not as Greater Anglia recently advertised Chingford but used the LOROL site to process the application which is not the case on this occasion

that's good news then

I got my finger in to many pies at the minute lol
just want to get back into the railway industry

Scattle

Do people think it is ok to apply for both the mainline driver and depot driver positions at the same time?

SPADTrap

Established Member
Do people think it is ok to apply for both the mainline driver and depot driver positions at the same time?

Regardless of what we think the system won't let you so choose wisely first which to apply for! Starting one renders the other unavailable! Good luck :D

DunfordBridge

Just applied for the position of depot driver with a score of 65. I was intending to apply for the depot driver first as a practice for applying for the mainline position but when I applied for the latter, the site returned a message saying that I have already applied for a position recently and had to wait before I could apply again.

DunfordBridge

I think I have only seen one higher score mentioned on these pages and that was a 72. Being a Scarborough resident, do you think distance from the depot plays a factor?

SPADTrap

Established Member
I think I have only seen one higher score mentioned on these pages and that was a 72. Being a Scarborough resident, do you think distance from the depot plays a factor?

It will if it isn't commutable in the least. I too got 71 when I applied a while back so you should get a chance location depending.

DunfordBridge

It will if it isn't commutable in the least. I too got 71 when I applied a while back so you should get a chance location depending.

Scarborough is not commutable to many places other than York, and even then, it is a stretch. I must have missed out on many jobs with Northern.

badassunicorn

I lived in Devon when I applied, still got the job, and moved to East London when I got the job.

DmanPoppet

Got through with a score of 60. Was reassured in the interview that I JUST made it. I think it's a combination of your previous railway work experience and working in safety critical roles elsewhere. Distance from depot counts too. Most that I know got around the 64 mark so 71 is amazing!

387star

On Moderation
Good to know I haven't done dfft test and not sure my assessment scores
will be ok if get through

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.