• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia - Trainee Train Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sikes 88

I just spoke to a driver manager from bishop story ford who told me they are looking for 16 people. 8 for bishop and 8 for Cambridge. Also he expects the course to start in September.

Kentmoto

I put in what I thought was a pretty solid application last night and got the rejection email today "not been shortlisted".

I guess my location Biggin Hill, Kent doesn't help or they have enough successfully shortlisted already?

Any ideas for other non shortlist reasons?

df1991

Hey guys. Just wanted ask if anyone has heard anything back for this position?

Carl86

yes as stated above I got a application score of 62 living in Colchester and was not shortlisted

387star

On Moderation
How do you know what your application scored?

Go to the email you received when you submitted your application then follow the link and download your application if it is processed fully an application score is present on the top page

A higher application score only gets you shortlisted. The interview was friendly and far less intense than the MMI but the questions though few were not easy and no usual why you want to be a train driver or what do you know about greater anglia questions from what I remember

Of course I can not give more information about what was asked etc but hope this helps

Last edited:

Ellipsis

I submitted what I thought was a pretty great application but ended up with a score of 52. Perhaps living in Edinburgh and no mention of relocating was the problem? I did send a further email straight after I applied asking to add a relocation note of some sort to the application.

Either that or I just got some of the questions wrong. Really can't see that though.

Sikes 88

Go to the email you received when you submitted your application then follow the link and download your application if it is processed fully an application score is present on the top page

A higher application score only gets you shortlisted. The interview was friendly and far less intense than the MMI but the questions though few were not easy and no usual why you want to be a train driver or what do you know about greater anglia questions from what I remember

Of course I can not give more information about what was asked etc but hope this helps

I have no link in the email I recieved back after I submitted my application

Sikes 88

Thanks. Found my score of 57, not shortlisted.

Would love to know how it's assessed??

When you saw your score did it say not shortlisted or are you just going off the info being handed out in here
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I just found I got a score of 68. Hopefully that is good enough

Val3ntine

Is there anyone here thats been shortlisted for this GA recruitment drive because from what it looks like everyone's had a no :/

Sikes 88

Is there anyone here thats been shortlisted for this GA recruitment drive because from what it looks like everyone's had a no :/

I don't think anyone has been successful yet but I do believe they're weeding out the lower scores

Robcuk

Would love to know who they come to the score lol

I'm guessing it's an automated score based on the answers given for the multiple choice questions, the psychometric questions and perhaps some of the personal questions?

Perhaps there is a minimum score which is derived automatically and after that they look through the applications manually?

I have over 300 hours of mainline driving and I only scored 60

Last edited:

Kentmoto

When you saw your score did it say not shortlisted or are you just going off the info being handed out in here
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I just found I got a score of 68. Hopefully that is good enough

No. I had the "not shortlisted" email, then after info on this thread I logged in to find the score.

I'd guess you're looking ok just based on how quickly I got the rejection email (less than 24 hours).

jellybabyj

I just applied scored over 60 last time around I scored 58 and didn't get through so now I have 65 score hopefuly I will get to the assessments
I got the increased score buy doing a lot of research so it does help a lot.

So fingers crossed

Also message after submitting saying they will let me know after the close date up to 14 days wait

I also live in Colchester

Last edited:

df1991

Thanks @ml for the info

I got a 60. It's not looking great then if 62 isn't enough :/. Good luck with your 65 score @jellybabyj let us know how you do and thanks for the advice. Fingers crossed to everyone

DavidUK

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I placed an application to AGA on the 08/05/15. I haven't had a reply yet. I'm hoping that is good news.
I currently live in Devon but have family in Bishops Stortford so would be happy to relocate for them.

Is there anybody else waiting for a reply still?

Sikes 88

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I placed an application to AGA on the 08/05/15. I haven't had a reply yet. I'm hoping that is good news.
I currently live in Devon but have family in Bishops Stortford so would be happy to relocate for them.

Is there anybody else waiting for a reply still?

Everyone is still waiting. Hopefully it means good news is nigh

Paul.S

do they still hold a structured interview? ive had my two attempts and sadly failed both times on this interview. I know I can no longer apply to drive but just wondered if they had changed the system at all?

Sikes 88

do they still hold a structured interview? ive had my two attempts and sadly failed both times on this interview. I know I can no longer apply to drive but just wondered if they had changed the system at all?

Yh they still hold the structured interviews mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.