• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia - Trainee Train Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sikes 88

Literally just got off the phone from hr who said that they are aiming to get through all applications by the end of next month

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DavidUK

Can we assume that the everyone who is going to the assessments on Monday has been contacted? How many rounds of assessments are there normally?

Sikes 88

Can we assume that the everyone who is going to the assessments on Monday has been contacted? How many rounds of assessments are there normally?

There normally is a few but as I said in a previous post they were only looking for 12 people so they will go with the people on Monday and if they fail they will contact the people who haven't been contacted so far

Sgiot

I see Abellio GA have put a new vacany on their careers page today looking for 'Qualified train drivers' . Not sure if it affects those on hold and waiting to hear about the trainee positions in anyway, but I wouldn't have thought it would have helped ?

scott118

perhaps, as a company, they are indeed, disappointed, in the amount of newly qualified drivers, leaving for another TOC, once they've got their ticket..

Those in the grade, will only require, traction and routes, depending on where they come from. In fairness though, not many qualified drivers, join, most simply leave, for greener pastures..

Sikes 88

Just received a call from recruitment today asking me to come in on Monday. As I have already done the assessments I will not need to do them. So they are definitely still going through the applications

Chadders2211

I passed the assessments today. What a weight off my mind that is. Now to look forward to 2 interviews and a medical

Dave1987

On Moderation
I passed the assessments today. What a weight off my mind that is. Now to look forward to 2 interviews and a medical

I should point out that the first interview forms part of the assessments, so you haven't passed them all until you have passed the structured interview. Congrats on the first part though!

Sikes 88

They done all the assessments in one day. I'm surprised. They normally do it over two separate days.

DavidUK

Congratulations on passing. How many others were at the assessments? Did anybody fail?

jellybabyj

What exams did u sit I no the gbt but what others just so I have a rough idea on what to keep practicing on

Chadders2211

I should point out that the first interview forms part of the assessments, so you haven't passed them all until you have passed the structured interview. Congrats on the first part though!

Thanks Dave1987 for the info and the congrats. Not looking forward to the interviews though as its been many years since I have done one
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
What exams did u sit I no the gbt but what others just so I have a rough idea on what to keep practicing on

Hi Jellybabyj, if you study and practice the material that they sent you it covers most things. The only difference was the computerised bit
Congratulations on passing. How many others were at the assessments? Did anybody fail?

Hi DaveUK .. Apparently there should have been 4 all together with someone coming a little later but there was only 2 of us that were there. The other chap, who was a really nice guy got the national standard on his first test but not the Abellio standard and was sent on his way
:Dcongrats guys

Thanks Buddy

DavidUK

How is everybody doing that got through? Have you started training yet?

Dave.

Sikes 88

Does anyone know any companies who hold test results valid for three years instead of two?

Status
Not open for further replies.